Dedicated Room + Lounge

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by xs2man, Jan 20, 2008.

1. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    So, having been on this forum for a few months now, have managed to get loads of good advice, and bought some really nice stuff. Trying to get it all together now, and have a long way still to go. Light control, av rack, screen etc...

So, any comments welcome, but please remember, early stages ;)

I'll start with my downstairs room. Its actually two rooms in an open plan configuration with pool table and bar at one end, and PJ and consoles at the other. Obviously need some black-out blinds and stuff, but for just now, it'll do.

Kit List : Onkyo 705 amp, PS3, Xbox 360 Elite, Optoma HD65, Wharfdale 7.1 (fronts), Wharfedale 9.0cc (centre and rears), Wharfedale SW150

Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lounge will follow.....

2. breakersrevenge

breakersrevenge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Wow almost a blank canvas.

Good luck with it!

3. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    OK. So my lounge is a different animal. Its a little bit minimal aswell, and no surround sound or anything. Basically, its just a sofa and a tv, lol.

Kit List : Hitach Alis 1080i (Sorry, don't know the model number, lol), Sky, Wii, Cheap Pacific DVD player (This is shortly to be replaced with my other 360 as a dvd player).

Pics :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I do have a Pioneer Surround Sound system (As per my sig) that I could put in there, but I dunno yet? I'm toying with the idea of an Onkyo 505, or 605 and my wharfedale speakers from downstairs in there, and getting a nice B&W set of speakers for downstairs. That will probably be what happens ;)

Opinions, good or bad, are very welcome...

4. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Cheers man.

Yeah, almost. We just moved in about 3-4 months ago, from a tiny 2 bedroom semi into this monster 4 bed detached, lol. So the biggest thing has been trying to sort out filling an "extra" lounge, lol.

Also, the missus wanted rid of a lot of things to get new stuff, like DVD storage for example. But she never told me (I was away when we moved), and she never got anything to replace them with, so its all a bit of a mess..

Plus, I need to get the money together now for proper AV racks for both main rooms. Spent all my money on the kit, none on support, as you can see, lol.

Next bit of actual kit though will be a nice pair of floorstanders for the surround in the larger lounge (with the pool table and PJ). See if I can get a good enough deal, maybe I'll get 2 sets and use one as the surrounds, lol. I'm liking the B&W 600 series a lot just now, so we'll see. Maybe just get their surround set-up and throw the wharfedales upstairs ;)

Oh yeah, need curtains aswell.

5. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Well, small updates. Its been a long while, but, hey, thought I would treat myself.

Finally got curtains in, lol.

Nothing else downstairs though, except Sky+ HD. But in the upstairs lounge (with the plasma), I have finally got an equipment stand thats actually not too bad. So I have moved the PS3 up there, got Sky+ HD here aswell, my Wii, running through a Dennon AVR3806, with a pair of B&W 685's. Saving up for the rest of the surround system though. Hopefully in a couple months, it'll be a pair of 683's, then after that the sub and centre.

I have taken some pics, but just gotta get them off my phone, lol.

6. ahaydock

ahaydock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    Looking good.

7. - johnyc -

- johnyc -

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    good job mate :thumbsup:.just a quick question,how did you put the link ( my set up gallery )under your kit list.

8. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    So no-one thinks I'm rude, I answered johnyc's question via PM, lol.

Quick photos...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  9. - johnyc -

- johnyc -

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    hi mate,what do you think of grid? i have it for the 360 cant keep the dam car on the track .

10. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Barely played it tbh. Only had it on there when taking the photos, and played a few races, thats it. Seems okay though. But I am more of a Forza 2 fan though. Will give it more time, but I recently got Farcry 2 and The Orange Box aswell, so gotta get through them.

Play far too much Guitar hero just now aswell, gets in the way, and I aint very good, but at least it's pick up and play.

11. Grangey.

Grangey.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Grid is awsome!!!

Nice rooms you got there too. sofa looks uber comfy! lol