1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dedicated room is on route..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Boomy, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Boomy

Boomy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Well...almost ;)
    Trouble is i got lazy,mostly due to the fact it may be moved to a room upstairs the same size..but it's comfortable at least lol.

In a nutshell,i moved into new house..removed carpet..nailed up curtains! lol..removed 99% of wallpaper...lashed up a bracket..fixed the screen and off we went :D

Latest addition were the recliner chairs and i have i guess 30 various film posters to someday go up once decorated.

Room is around 16/17 foot by around 9.5 btw.

Pic quality on the Toshiba MT100 is fine (and i am fussy) and the draper screen (about 8.5 foot) seems well up to the job.
    Sadly until i get shelves up my hifi rack had to go (due to chairs) so the Yammy 6.1 amp and Pioneer DVD player are behind a chair as is the sub (all within reach when reclined in chair lol)
    Kef's at the front,mission rears (no centre yet) and a few team solids as B sets.
    10" Eltax sub at the moment which may be replaced later...although it shakes the floor/chairs rather well!

Anyway,just wanted to show how my setups going despite the fact it needs LOTS done.
    I did run my xbox through that projector upstairs on a smaller screen i have (about 5.5 foot) and it seemed pretty sweet too but i have a 32 inch pixel plus in my PC room for gamecube/PS2 etc with a 6.1 Yammy amp so prefer to save some lamp life purely for films.

All in all for a prolly £3k total setup i am well happy,and although there are rainbow effects on certain parts of certain films..they really never put you off for the nano seconds you can see them.

Oh i also blanked out the windows since the pics...well...hung some more material up anyway,it all looks better in the flesh honest ;)

Will update pics when it's finaly done..although new kitchen is taking priority at moment..and my camera seems to not cope well with trying to take screen images to show the quality :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which chairs are those btw?they look really comfy and where you get them from?
    cheers
    Fred

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It looks like a nice room...... what further plans have you?

agree with fred, your seats look very comfy!

ad

4. Boomy

Boomy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Seats were a special offer (well so they say) £199 each for the recliners from a place called Harveys (dont seem to have a web page yet but they have a lot of stores i think).
    They actually are not leather though...it's some strange leather like material but is supposed to (and feels) very hard wearing.
    Really apart from the non leather smell there would be no reason to want leather over them,well for me anyway.
    I was very close to getting 3 leather la-z-boys but saved a fortune with those! They recline to a nice leg up level or go right back nearly flat for a laid out approach.Sadlu i can't find the receipt at the moment so can't tell you the name...it's been filed somewhere :/

Plans for the room are still on hold due to the fact it may all be moved upstairs and that will be a dining room but really whatever happens it all needs sorting.
    It really was a quick lash up lol.

Darker walls,new ceiling,spot lamps,new carpet or floorboards sanded/polished,some posters etc etc etc.....you name it it needs doing really! lol.

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you might look to having carpet instead of bare boards, it should help the room acoustically.

ad