Question Dedicated cinema room layout advice

Ok I'll call the chap from Richer on Monday to change 2 of the C165's for 2 Monitor bookshelf speakers to put on the wall.
He's not sent me them yet so I can change them.

For about the same price I can get the Monitor Bronze 1 pair which look quite popular.

Does mean sorting out the position of them in my very narrow room though with them getting on the way but if the sound will be better then i can live with squeezing round them to get in the room.

Just a quick one for you engineering people.
I want to put my projector on the bottom of a wall cabinet I'm building to try and get the projector as parallel as I can to the screen.]
I'd rather not use a mount as I want it quite neat.
The Sony is a big unit weighing 9kg.
It has 3 holes on the bottom.
I've got some M5 threaded rod and cut 3 lengths.
I've popped a penny washer on the projector and a nylon locking nut on this.
I've then pushed this through my timber frame and MDF (not got the bottom on yet).
Then another penny washer and locking nut.
Does this look secure and safe enough???

20180610_171043.jpg 20180610_171838.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry that doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

I've been reading about leaf effects on the front wall.

I have built the studs in the recess of the patio doors and then a short distance into the room to stop any sound from the back of the in walls vibrating off the patio door windows.

The question i have is that it would be far easier to put boarding up on the face nearest to the centre of the room of the patio doors studding and then again the centre of the room studding of the inner studding which will create around 17cm gap between boards.

Studs.jpg

Excuse my crude drawing....the red being the boarding and the black being the studs.

Is this acceptable or do you think i should try and struggle and screw the plasterboard on the 'outer' side of the patio door studding to get a bigger air gap.

Also as i'm boarding up only one side of each studding how will i fix my insulation into the studs without it falling out over time... some form of netting to prevent having more than two leaves???

This is all new to me and I've been trying to read as much as i can before i commit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom