1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dedicated centre, is it necessary ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gover_1, Jun 8, 2004.

1. gover_1

gover_1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi, im looking at putting together a system to go to uni, currently using kef refrence 104 a/b front speakers which i am very happy with, however they are to big to take to uni so they shall have to stay at home. i am a bit fan of the old kef refrence series and think that for the money they can be picked up for they just can't be beaten. I would quite like to take kef reference 103 speakers to uni but want to take a full 5.1 system. aparently it is best to match your front speakers and centre, but in the days of the 103 prologic wasnt even thought of let alone dd or dts , so there is no centre speaker to match. how well would another reference 103 work as a centre speaker ? or would i be best buying newer spekers with dedicated centre speakers ? cheers , mark

2. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it would be fine in theory. A lot of satalite speaker systems use the same speakers all round. You will have to watch out though for the left and right speakers from drowning out the center to much.

CaM