Decoupling an SVS PB12 Plus from wooden floor !

DodgeTheViper

Reaction score
I have an SVS PB12 Plus sitting straight onto a bamboo floor. As some of you may know, this sub has it's own wooden plinth built in.

However, is it still important to seperate the plinth from the wooden floor, either with the little rubber feet that came with it, or with something else ?

Cheers

What about a slab of polystyrene packing that came with it ?

Or the rubber feet ? Would isolating it potentially make that much difference ?

Last edited:
You can try the poly slab that came with it if you still have it.It will give you an idea of any improvement that can be had.

However I would expect the gramma to be better as it is designed for the job.

No,my sub whilst a down firing SVS cylinder has it's own baseplate and it's on a concrete floor anyway so no problem for me.:)

Mine also has it's own base plate, and while it does rest on a bamboo floor, it's concrete underneath ;)

However I would expect the gramma to be better as it is designed for the job.

No it's not :D

It was designed to decouple musician's amplifiers from the floor and the use for subwoofers was found out by accident

Quite right Ian:D not designed for the job but found to be an ideal solution for the job (or so I am told).:)

..is it still important to seperate the plinth from the wooden floor, either with the little rubber feet that came with it, or with something else
No. If you're not already experimenting with it, you'll make far larger improvements with EQ than farting around with support platforms.

Russell

Last edited by a moderator:
Money saved. Result.;)

Russell

Yes indeed :smashin:

The odd thing is, i've just moved the sub to a different part of the room, which is were i originally had it before i experimented with different positions. In it's previous position, i EQ'd it using test tones, graphs, and SPL metre, and got it to perform the best i could.

Now that i've moved it, i left all the settings as they were just to try it first. The odd thing is, i think it sounds better in this position with the settings left as they were. So as it is, i'm not touching a thing now, i'm blummin leaving everything as it is - happy days :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom