1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decorative Trunking

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by garreth64, May 24, 2003.

1. garreth64

garreth64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm wondering if anywhere sells some sort of decorative trunking other than the nasty white PVC box section stuff you get at B&Q etc.

Ive read lots of threads but no-one seems to have done this.

What I would ideally like is some chrome/silver effect trunking ideally in a half circle that I can run up the wall to my new plasma.

I could then have one run up to the middle of the set, or one on each side to make them look like 'legs'.

Anyone done anything similar to this?

2. banners

banners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    MarkSTI, have you considered using chrome plated wardrobe tube? Usually 25 - 30 mm dia so not too obtrusive. You could possibly flatten it a little to form an elipse and keyhole slot the back for fixing to the wall.
    About the best I can think of at the moment m8.

HTH cheers steve

3. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    MK Electric do their ranges of trunking in 180 REL colours. You could go to http://www.mkelectric.co.uk or order a free catalogue to check them out.

StooMonster

4. frog

frog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try local electrical factors (suppliers to the trade, usually happy dealing with joe public too).

I am using white stuff from a manufacturer called Centaur, but I noticed conduit that looked like the sort of trunking you would have around a room, a bit thicker and higher maybe, but is was made to look like wood.

It is quite expensive though, a friend of mine made his own by screwing battens to the floor and 1x3 boards screwed to it.

5. smallangryboy

smallangryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    B & Q also sell extruded aluminium in various widths and shapes. Some have more than enough clearance to run cables behind them. The only other question would be on how to fix this to the wall.