Decorating the room, what are the best colours/materials.

Simon TW

Novice Member
I'm very new to this and I'm looking for some advice.

We have a room in the house that we don't use and I thought of making it into a small cinema. We haven't touched this room since we moved in and don't want to decorate it if the colours will not work with the projector.

We're planning on a Hisense short throw projector (although I'm open to other suggestions) and that comes with a screen. I don't want to have a lot of reflection from walls and ceiling.

Thank you.

Doctor Smith

How bigs your room and budget for projector?

Simon TW

Novice Member
How bigs your room and budget for projector?
IMG_8564.JPG
Thank you for the reply.

The room is 4.57 X 3.3 see attached. I didn't want to spend a fortune but as with everything it seem to keep mounting up.

I was looking at the Hisense 100L5FTUK-B12 It comes with a screen, I could go more but the seating and sound system seem to be sucking up the cash as well.

I'm in Donegal, Ireland and Hisense don't support Ireland but I'm not that far from the border and I was thinking of ordering in Belfast or even better Derry.

Doctor Smith

It may be worth posting this on Home cinema building and buying section of the forum. Helped me out when I started my room. Search for my post Munchkin cinema room. It may give you a few ideas.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom