Decoder Problem driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Phil Harmonic, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Phil Harmonic

Phil Harmonic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope this is the correct category (SKY TV) for this query, though it involves specifically the GRundig GDS3000 digibox.
    I want to replace my Pace 2500? set top box with a Grundig GDS3000. This is because I can then run the S-video output from the Grundig into my Media Centre (Vista/MCE). While the Pace box works perfectly, when I swap it out for the Grundig - I get.............Searching for Listings or Satellite Signal not Received. Swap the Pace back in - fine. In the Signal Setup menu, the Grundig reports that Signal Strength is very good, but Sigal Quality is "zero". The box also alternates from OK to Not Locked and back continually. I know the box works as I've seen it being tested in the shop I bought it from. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what to do next to get it to work?
    Thanks in advance.......................

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    This problem can be caused by several things.

Out of date EPG software - what version do you have - "Services" "System setup" "System details" the bottom line.

Failing power supply - Grundigs are notrorious for this - see here
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/gds200.htm - who also sell repair kits.

Warning DO NOT attempt to update the software unless you are sure the power supply is OK.

You have eliminated already the other alternatives of faulty lnb, faulty cable and misaligned dish as the Pace box works.