Decisions Decisions!!

delboyuk2005uk

Am looking to buy an 1080p panel. I have decided between the Samsung LEM86/87 40" LCD and the Toshiba 42X3030D.

Are both of these true 1080p panels. I think the samsung is but the Toshiba one seems to be but is it?

And what about price will you reckin they will come down by november time?

Also any other ones I have missed which are coming out soon?

Dont want to spend more than £950 warranty is important also

ChrisGgr

The new Sony KDL-40V3000 will be there in a month(fully available with lower price).I believe the prices for this will be close to 1000£.....

ChrisGgr

Yep it will be a better tv than the others you mentioned!!!It really worth the wait!!

allosunshine

I'm in the same boat as the Op as with my choice between these 2 TV's. So what's the so much better about the Sony over the Samsung and Toshiba??

Alanok

Personally I can't justify the price hike for Sony LCD's, their supposed better performance over the Samsung and Toshiba are so minute to the average persons eyes.

I have a Tosh 42X3030 and pretty pleased with I am. Its a 1080p panle but doesn't do 24fps but may do later on with a formware upgrade. The Samsung does 24fps and has 3 HDMI sockets if thats a concern. I preferred the Tosh with supposed less problems and I like the 2 extra inches and it doesn't have the Sammy's glossy screen.

And yes, like everything else, they will come down in price come November but by then the latest whizz bang LCD's will be out. I bought my TV for £815 a few weeks ago and people are already able to get it for £750!

You could add the Sharp Aquos to your list.

delboyuk2005uk

Personally I can't justify the price hike for Sony LCD's, their supposed better performance over the Samsung and Toshiba are so minute to the average persons eyes.

I have a Tosh 42X3030 and pretty pleased with I am. Its a 1080p panle but doesn't do 24fps but may do later on with a formware upgrade. The Samsung does 24fps and has 3 HDMI sockets if thats a concern. I preferred the Tosh with supposed less problems and I like the 2 extra inches and it doesn't have the Sammy's glossy screen.

And yes, like everything else, they will come down in price come November but by then the latest whizz bang LCD's will be out. I bought my TV for £815 a few weeks ago and people are already able to get it for £750!

You could add the Sharp Aquos to your list.

how you finding your new toshiba for football on skysports? I currently have the 32wlt66 which I am happy with, but I want a bigger screen so this one you have is 42 inches and would you say it does everything better than my current model.

ill wait for november then to get these at cheapest prices

Alanok

Football looks terrific, much better than I feared concerning SD signals on a HD panel and LCD's tendency to motion blur on fast pans. Just watched the Liverpool v's Sunderland game and all looked natural and normal, maybe i'm just less picky. Wish I had Sky HD but there's not much content to justify the price.

I don't know much about the WLT66 but I would assume they are similar in performance as they are both Toshiba's, just the 42X is bigger and does 1080p if that floats your boat.

If you have the money now i'd go for it, sod the waiting. I waited 6 months till deciding on this LCD, the price right now is a bargain for the performance.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom