1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

decisions,decisions!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by loxster, Aug 21, 2005.

1. loxster

loxster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    help needed!
    after reading about all the various problems people are reporting theyve had with pv500s,ive cancelled my order for a 37"version.now i know you get bad eggs with everything but too many people for my liking have reported problems,im now looking for advice on any plasma/lcd that other members own and recommend!
    ive got to wall mount on a false wall, so ideally the lighter the better(pv500 was 7kilos heavier than 42pwd7),although i know the vieras have tv tuner and speakers i will connect to sky and i have a home cinema set-up so i could live with a display only model.
    whats the verdict on toshibas 37wl56 series lcds?what about the latest pw8 panel? decisions,decisions!!!
    thanks loxster. :lease:

2. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    so youve ruled out the pv500 have you?? your loss i supose.. i got mine last thursday and have none of the problems mentioned here.. i think its a fantastic TV. its not without its problems but then again all tvs have some faults. changing av inputs can be a pain and the problem with wide staying on screen most of the time on channel 5 are they only things i could fault it for.
    all you see on forums are the problems people never post and say its fine and with you just canceling your order proves the negative affect forums can have.. shame because most of the time this one especially is really helpful

3. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Mate, if you take a look at the PV500 problem poll on this forum you will see that 72.44% of people who have one are very satisfied with it. I've had mine for about six weeks with none of the problems mentioned on this forum. Geoff. :thumbsup:

4. kingsize

kingsize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    And that means over a one in four chance of dissatisfaction........

Dont fancy those odds........

5. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    More like one in two, if honesty prevailed.......................

Few people tell it like it really is when they have blown 2.5k.

6. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    i assure you pal i am telling it as it is
    unless ur saying all the people here happy with it are liars?

7. loxster

loxster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    knew id get people who thought i was too hasty with my decision to cancell my order, but when you go onto a forum and see all the banners about pv500s it does make you question whether youve made the right choice.
    whichever way you look at it 1700 pounds is still a lot of money,so i want the best product i can get for my money,im sorry if all of you out there with good pv500s think im knocking them-im not! its just that ive not seen a plasma on this forum get so many negative things said about them!
    i buy what hifi,home cinema choice,what tv+video and all the rest of the mags every month and they all have excellent reports on the pv500,so it came as a massive shock to me when i joined this forum and read about all the bad experiences people have reported.
    thanks loxster.

8. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take it any way you want.

What i said stands, and for 2.5k its not the finished item.

9. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    and what gives you the right to make the statement thats its an unfinished product? you want to check your facts mate before making such pathetic statements.
    you show me 1 tv just 1 that has not got any things you think could of been done better!
    wake up!

10. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The same right as you to post as this this drivel i suppose.

so youve ruled out the pv500 have you?? your loss i supose.. i got mine last thursday and have none of the problems mentioned here.. i think its a fantastic TV

And this is not pathetic ???.

The facts are there if you read the forum "mate", and i have two friends who have returned their sets who are not on this forum.

The PV500 is a good shot at plasma but its not perfect none are!

But getting back to the topic, the guy has cancelled his plasma because he finds the problems unerving, and i aggree.

Theres loads of problems with it , if yours is fine good luck to you,maybe its your loss and his gain, and i'm wide awake.

11. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    get a life as all you seem to want to do is bad mouth any plasma that youve never owned.. now im done with you goodbye

12. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get a life, mines great, is yours?

I dont mess around with my words, i tell like it is.

My opinion is mine, if it helps someone great, if not theres biased one's to take :)

Im trying to be objective, not ram the typical ive got an xxxx and its the greatest, but at the end of the day anyone who shells out 2k on anyones advice is nuts.

13. goon525

goon525
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can I in more gentle fashion add my name to the 'very satisfied' reporters (42PV500). For me, issues against are trivial (yes, the means of selecting AV4 is daft - but oooh it must take 0.3 of a second longer than it should!). Mine works just fine, has no problems. But I use mine principally for TV via Sky, and some DVDs. If you want to use it as a games/PC display, you may feel differently, it seems.

14. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes goon525, i could never work out the gripe as regarding the av selection
    either.All sets have them and as you push a button on the remote i cant see a problem, but thats just me.

There will be like you lots of happy owners of this plasma, and why not its the best at the moment.

I was merely pointing out that its not perfect in a lot of peoples eyes, and thats why this particular thread was started.

Like i said, two of my mates have returned it because they wern't happy , unfortunately clive like a couple of others spat the dummy out when someone points this out.

The poll shows 72% are happy, but for a new product i would expect a lot higher, nearer 95% in my eyes to justify the dosh spent.

But its a forum,, and opinions are what its all about, and no i'm not done with anyone, nor am i saying goodbye :rolleyes:

15. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    if you actually bothered to read ay threads ive posted you will have noticed that i dont think the pv500 is perfect by any means its people like you who say us happy users only say we are happy because we cant admit we have blown 2k on a unfinished tv.
    simple really its not the fact you say the pv500 has flaws its the fact you called me a liar

anyway i am done with you im here to maybe offer some advice and seek advice not get into some argument with some know it all. say what u like from now on AV2diefor to make yourself feel better im giving you nomore attention

16. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get a grip.

17. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Must admit (even though I've got an H and could be seen as biased) 3 out of 4 satisfied is p*ss poor, nowadays, in my book.

Although I accept that people are quicker to complain than praise.

18. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And i thought i'd heard it all, or have i..........................