1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

decisions decisions what to buy and when

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steve.wardell, Sep 8, 2003.

1. steve.wardell

steve.wardell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So there I was thinking at £250 the Panny E50 was for me, then the E100 comes along and looks set to replace the HS2, so whats going to happen to the price of the HS2?

Anyone know if the E100 is replacing it, if so price will drop to clear stock but stock availability is going to be an issue and purchase timing is key. If not then is the price likely to fall much more ?, it may devalue the concept of DVD-R/RAM/HDD if it does.

Anyone got any inside info (dealers, etc)

As always the chase is almost as much fun as the kill :) :)

2. aaronjon

aaronjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    imho, with the E100 ~£800, the hs2 will still command a price of ~£500 so dont hold your breath for a bargain basement price.
    i think the E60 is out for the hs2 mantle.
    with the E50 now sub £250 and falling they are the bargain (its less than i payed for my first vcr).
    when ever, or what ever, there will always be something cheaper and better around later. (not including cars, houses, etc.). lol

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Technically the HS2 is supposed to be discontinued. However Panasonic seem to be allowing availability of it to continue - probably because it received good reviews (whereas the E100 is unknown) and also because it ensures Panny have a HDD/DVDR combo priced above and below the competition. IMHO £550 is a good price to pay for the unit.