Decisions, decisions, decisions

Iaind

Established Member
Reaction score
First off, this looks like a great forum, loads of info on all sorts of interesting things!.

I am looking to buy my first PJ, but have very limited funds (circa £800 - at least that's what's left on my credit card). I would prefer to buy new - no hassles then with warranty and bulbs going ploink after 10 hours etc. Having done some research on the web/pricerunner I have narrowed the search down to about 5 machines.

They are:

Panny 100E
Panny 200E
Tosh ET1
Sony HS3
Sanyo Z1

I will be using it mostly for DVD films played through my Tosh player (sorry I'm at work at the moment and can't remember type :) ) using either s-video or component video, although it may occassionaly be used for Sky broadcasts (RGB Scart).

Screen will be DIY, following instructions on these forums, so aspect ratio etc and size is open to discussion. Throw distance is approx 12-14 feet and I am looking for a screen size of approx 52-60" width. Format preferably widescreen. Player will be about 5 metres away from the PJ housed in my AV rack. Mounting will be 'removable' as at the moment my cinema is my lounge and although I am not married so there is no good woman to nag, I don't have the money to do a proper conversion ATM.

What would the recommendation of the panel be?

Regards

Iain D

Iain, check out www.projectorcentral.com for the throw distances of each of those projectors because to me the screen width seems very small for such a long throw.

Out of those that you list, subject to throw, i would go the Z1 just for the lens shift as i have a Z2 and i know how handy that is when trying to set the pj up when on an av rack and not ceiling mounted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom