decision time..

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jigga, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jigga

jigga
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi all,

I'm new to this forum!

been lurking on here for a while trying make sense of LCD and plasma TVs! :rolleyes:

anyway i have narrowed it down to a few that i am interested in.

Hitachi 9700 : look interesting but not reviews of it or when it will actually be on sale..

Pio 436SXE/XDE: both use the same screen but the XDE has two HDMI. i like the look of this screen and the PQ.

Toshiba 42 WLT58 LCD (i think) : i saw this yesterday hooked up to a euro HD. it looked good but i'm worried about the usual LCD problems of fast moving objects and blacks. PQ didn't look as good as the pio though.

Samsung PS42P5HD : can't find any reviews of this product. is it any good?! looks nice though.

Panasonic TH42PX60 : i really don't like the look of this TV. it ugly. i haven't seen it hooked up properly either. any UK reviews of this TV?

and what about the new tosh WLT 66 range that does 1080p? i see the current tosh range is getting cheaper so it must be close to release.

any comments onthe above would be great!

Confused of Kent.

Jigga

2. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you get anything in the end. I've been thinking about the Samsung and you are the only post I could find mentioning it!!

3. Slymoon

Slymoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Finished running in my pio 436sxe. Absolutely fantastic picture,
    first class. No screen burn problams at all, I was a bit worried after all the horror stories I'd heard.
    One thing though is the settings people seem to use. I often see people quoting a contrast setting of 30+...30+ !!!! I'm set at 22 !
    I'm not surprised people get burn with contrast so high.
    This is a fantastic telly, I'm glad I wasn't put off
    Thanks Sly.