1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decision Time...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Joelc, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Joelc

Joelc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am runnin gv out of time in that I need to select a FP within the next 2 weeks so that it will arrive within approximately 4 to 6 weeks time.

I had narrowed by seacrh down to the Sony VPL-HS20 and the Hitachi PJ-TX100 with the Hitachi being the winner.

Now with the news of the PAnasonic AE700 and the Sony VPL-HS51 I am tempted to wait but will be very disappointed should the wait be longer than say 2 months. I also now that technology is always chaning -- by the time that the Panasonic and Sony become available someone else will assuredly have something better just around the corner.

So... with all the above in mind... can those with more knowledge (i.e. real life experience with some or all of the aforementioned front projectors) please give me some guidance as to the best course of action. To the exten that it make any difference the internal de-interlacer/scaler is not important to me as I have "over compensated" in that regard -- I have a TMA PSM192 and TMA VSM2048 installed inmy AV192R.

Much thanks for your input.

Cheers,

Joel

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,482
    Well the AE700 is available this week so you won't be waiting long for that!

Cheers,
    Andy.