1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decision time, Centre and front speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Rushy, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Rushy

Rushy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I don't currently have the available funds to buy the whole cinema setup as one, so instead I'm going to buy a good pair of stereo speakers for the front and a good centre speaker. I already a spare pair of Gale's for the rear, so I will upgrade them when I have the cash.

I currently have a Marantz PM4300, which is situated in small room. I don't have space for floorstanders just bookshelf speakers. Thus far I have narrowed it down to one of two choices:

Choice 1- Acoutic energy Evo Aegis One speakers+ Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo Centre .......(and then I will get another pair or Evo On'es for the rear when I have the cash).

Choice 2- Monitor Audio Bronze B2 Speakers + Monitor Audio Bronze B Centre....... (and then I will get the Monitor Audio Bronze BFX Rears when I have the cash).

The cost is almost identical in the long term so that isn't an issue. I'd just like some advice on which of those setups would sound best, and who has these speakers and what do you think of them?

Thanks

2. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd go for the MA Bronze B2 setup as they are the more musical sounding speakers for straight stereo plus you will have the bipole surrounds for movies, which will be a better experience than direct radiating evo 1's at the rear.

I'd say that the B2's have more bass too, though you really would need to add a sub at a later date. A small design such as MJ Acoustics £300 Pro50 would do the job nicely in a small room.