• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Deciding between 2 bags

vala

As I have now added a Canon 70-200 F4 IS to my existing lens the current bag I have is no longer suitable.
Im interested in a Domke F2 or F6 however I'm trying to work out which one is best suited with regards to the kit I have. I'm slightly leaning towards the F6's size.
Kit I have is:

550D
10-22 with hood
28mm 1.8 with hood
70-200 F4 IS with hood
3 filters, spare battery, couple of memory cards, remote.

The filters, battery etc all fit nicely in a little pouch so I have no concern with them being in one of the little pockets just inside of the flap on either of the bags.
However I would like to be able to have the option of leaving whatever lens is currently fitted to the body on and then popping it in the bag.
I noticed that the bags come with a 4 compartment divider, however they also sell a 2 compartment version. With whichever bag I go for I was planning on getting this divider as well thus leaving as much space as possible for the camera and lens.
So with the worst case scenario being leaving the 70-200 attached does anyone think I would struggle with the F6?

Last edited:

vala

Thanks for the reply 'simonblue'.
Do you think the F6 should suffice with regards to the kit I have? In particular being able to accommodate the body with any lens attached?
I do appreciate the lack of protection afforded by Domke bags however I believe this is what makes them sit around the body better whilst being worn, especially when not full to capacity.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom