Decided on a screen. What next?

Rick101

Standard Member
Hi,

New here, be browsing for a few days but just registered today.

Been wanting a full HD TV for some time but only just made any progress on it.

I have reserved a Panasonic TX-50 S Plasma with John Lewis. It's out of stock at the moment but will hopefully not be too long. It was up at £750.

I was tempted by the G series especially as they have just dropped the price on that to £950. I prob would have got it if Panasonic had the iplayer sorted out. I decided against as I'll likely buy a bluray player with iplayer when available.

Ok, the TV is gong to be mainly for gaming. I think it's got a 'game' mode. Though I've read here about getting the set calibrated. Not sure I want to spend any more money as yet but something I could do myself would be good.

Can you advise now I have decided ona set what else I should be thinking about to get the most enjoyment from my new screen?

Thanks

Rick.

anlygi

Hi,
Can you advise now I have decided ona set what else I should be thinking about to get the most enjoyment from my new screen?

Stay away from the problem threads on these forums unless you notice something yourself, otherwise you will go looking for something you don't notice, then there is no going back. Just sit back and enjoy. There are some good settings as a starting point in the S20 owners thread.

I was also going to get a G20 but like you, decided the gain wasn't worth the extra £200. I am not in the slightest bit disappointed with the G20 watcing Sky, playing 1080p movies and Xbox 360. Enjoy it!

airmyx

Yes, buy the TV and if you like it.... don't visit the Plasma forum ever again! ;)

Otherwise you'll just end up having second thoughts and thinking you should have bought a second hand Pioneer instead or something :D

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Stay away from the problem threads on these forums unless you notice something yourself, otherwise you will go looking for something you don't notice, then there is no going back. Just sit back and enjoy. There are some good settings as a starting point in the S20 owners thread.

That's the finest advice i have read on this forum this week.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom