Decided on a PJ-TX100, but where to buy?

hebawom

Standard Member
Reaction score
Well I've decided to go with this projector after much research this is the one that best suits my room and tastes, finally rejector the HS50 mainly due to price and brigtness (I like a tabletop lamp on while watching TV!)

So I looked around on the internet and the cheapest I've found is from
www.ivojo.co.uk
at 983.
Am I missing another cheaper one?
I don't care about quality of service just price!

hebawom said:
Well I've decided to go with this projector after much research this is the one that best suits my room and tastes, finally rejector the HS50 mainly due to price and brigtness (I like a tabletop lamp on while watching TV!)

So I looked around on the internet and the cheapest I've found is from
www.ivojo.co.uk
at 983.
Am I missing another cheaper one?
I don't care about quality of service just price!

Looks a good price, think I paid about 1010 inc delivery from http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/

...PJ

I got mine from crampton and moore

I travelled there to pick it up, only a small little shop but highly reputable for online sales.

I believe they have a good relationship with Hitachi too

I emailed ivojo a couple of days ago and they said they had no stock of the tx-100 and no due date. Their price is good though and I think others have spoken well of them.

I also asked about the policy on bad pixels / "vertical banding" to which they replied that I'd have to send it to Hitachi for them to decide. That was a bit worrying as the manual says that bad pixels are not a defect. So I was thinking it might be nice to have a bit more hand-holding from the retailer (higher price :) ). Does anyone know if all problems always go straight to Hitachi, and are they are generous about dead pixels / banding?

Thanks

WonkyEwok said:
I emailed ivojo a couple of days ago and they said they had no stock of the tx-100 and no due date. Their price is good though and I think others have spoken well of them.

I also asked about the policy on bad pixels / "vertical banding" to which they replied that I'd have to send it to Hitachi for them to decide. That was a bit worrying as the manual says that bad pixels are not a defect. So I was thinking it might be nice to have a bit more hand-holding from the retailer (higher price :) ). Does anyone know if all problems always go straight to Hitachi, and are they are generous about dead pixels / banding?

Thanks

Most comanies offer some sore of full refund policy if you return it in a short period.

Crampton looks to have 4 in stock. Good price, at least 2 happy customers. Be optimistic...PJ :thumbsup:

cliocarl said:
I got mine from crampton and moore

I travelled there to pick it up, only a small little shop but highly reputable for online sales.

I believe they have a good relationship with Hitachi too

Nice one. :thumbsup: Yes, for me their delivery was very speedy.

All these TX100 owners suddenly emerging. Good to have some allies against these Panny and Sony guys! :devil:

...PJ

This was the review that swung it for me:

"I have been selling projection systems for over 10 years. (CRT, LCD and DLP). Without question this is the best bang for the buck.

Last summer I was able to do a direct comparison between the PJTX100 ($3999), the Infocus 7205 ($8999), and the Sharp XVZ12000 ($12000). These three projectors were set up in my shop using the integra DPS8.3 DVD player and a HDTV digital cable box. I invited a couple of cutomers in for a preview. Screen size was 100". Our room is totally light controlled so we could check various ambient light conditions.

The results were surprising to say the least. While the Infocus, at more than double the price was the winner, The Hitachi ran a very close second. If viewing at twice the diagonal there was no Screen door effect. Black levels were near what the Infocus had and were better than the Sharp.

I am not a wordy person, so suffice it to say....If you are considering a home theater with front projection. ....look at the Hitachi...then buy one with confidence.

this is not a sour grapes review. I am an authorized dealer for all three of these great projectors."

I think that I may go for the crampton one because of it being in stock there.

I bought my TX100 from Crampton & Moore also; Good service - when I bought mine the projector had only recently come out and seemed to be in very short supply everywhere - many places were simply unable to say when they'd get any. Crampton & Moore also hadn't got any, but were able to get me one from Hitachi in 4 days - maybe evidence of their good relationships with Hitachi? - I don't know.

Pleasant to deal with too. Go for it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom