decent wireless keyboard

P

pgcam

i need to replace my aged/knackered wireless keyboard-airboard/sk7100.

i know there are plenty on the market but i can't find one similar to my current one, ie infrared preferred, joystick built in to keyboard instead of external [normal] cordless mouse.

anyone know of a suitable replacement/retailer.

cheers ,pgcam

ps apologies for the lack of caps etc its the knackered keyboard you know

Hi,

Your needs are simlar to mine. And I found it was not nearly as easy to find as I hoped, especially as it is very hard to seach for anything with an integrated mouse.

In the end I found the Scorpius Li. Infra red, small, built in mouse and extra buttons for volume etc. More info here:

http://www.qtronix.com/ScorpLI.html

The only place in the UK I have found this is Etec, but at £24 + postage it isn't too bad:

http://www.etec-solutions.co.uk/store/prodView.asp?idProduct=358&idCategory=295

To be honest you can't even get a half decent remote at that price!

Cheers
Marc

They also do an RF version (Scorpius KVIII) but I can't find anywhere to buy it.

Cheers
Marc

Cheers Marc, i've order the ir version, it is exactly what i was looking for.

pgCam.....

No problem. I hope it works out ok.

I'm going to be setting up a PC using it this weekend. So I hope it works out ok for me too!

Cheers
Marc

pgcam

Did your airboard IR receiver have the PS2 or serial mouse, If is the PS2 version, Would you be willing to sell it for a few quid?

Regards

I like the gyration ultra cordless suite mouse and keyboard (search on google for "gyration ultra")

It's not IR - it's RF. It's got a mouse, not a joystick. BUT...

The rage is 10m which is great for home theatre uses, etc
The mouse can be used like normal, with it's optical pickup. Or it can held in the air and navigated by moving your hand around - works very well. It's also rechargeable with it's own caddy

It's £80 though, but well worth it.

Got myself one of these I.R Keyboards it has joystick intergrated into it and has six or seven shortcut keys for when internet browsing.
Picked it up from the local Northen Computer Market for £22. :D Absolute bargain.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom