Decent value for money optical cable?

degsy

Awaiting delivery of a Yamaha RX-V1400 and will need a digital optical cable to link up my oldish Technics CD player. Can anyone recommend a decent, value for money cable?

Currently looking at a Profigold PGD5000 OXYPURE Optical Cable 0.75m for 28.99 at Audiovisual online. Any views?

Thanks

Derek:)

Hawklord

degsy

Thanks for the comments Hawklord. Certainly, the yammy's dacs sounded better than the (1990) Technics cdp's when demo'd - connected firstly via analogue phonos then via toslink.
(also I have a slight intermittent fault on one of the channel outs, so this would be cleaner!)

B

bobgriffiths

dont wate your money B&Q Have a cheap optical for around a tenner i have never heard a difference in a Optical cable and i am sad enough to have listened to quite a few now digital coax is different but optical never heard a difference
I have even seen a optical cable with gold plated conectors!!:rotfl:

B

bobgriffiths

flimber that looks a well made cable for the price great find !

and i quote"with gold plated tips to provide better performance" on an optical cable!!! this just makes me chuckle.
i will accept that the fact that it is metal will mean its stronger but being gold plated makes no difference at all .

degsy

Thanks for the replies so far guys. It appears then that a reasonable optical lead can be had for very little outlay (gold plated connectors or not!;)

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by bobgriffiths
flimber that looks a well made cable for the price great find !

and i quote"with gold plated tips to provide better performance" on an optical cable!!! this just makes me chuckle.
i will accept that the fact that it is metal will mean its stronger but being gold plated makes no difference at all .
Got about five of these, dead chunky and deffo recommended. Look like £££ and ditto your gold-plated chuckle :)

Mike.

degsy

On the basis of Flimber's recommendation, how could I not go for the ARD cable? Ordered tonight :smashin: