Decent soundbar - Cav?

blaahead

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for decent soundbar? As much as i love good audio. I have never really had a big issue with any tv in terms of sound so iam not expecting too much. Its gonna be mostly used when the kids are in bed so wont be too loud. Really just want something that are an upgrade over the LG CX speakers and in particular give voices a little more clarity etc An over all more immersive sound without breaking the bank possible??

Currently liking the look of the Cav 51 Amazon product ASIN B07PWX5M9R
Anyone know if this is any good? Don't want to spend more then 300 bucks

I've not a clue, but you may find a few suggestions in this section here...... Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases

I know very little about soundbars but i know that generally speaking 250-300 bucks can buy a pretty decent sounding speaker so iam guessing it shouldn't be too different for soundbars. In other words it may not be the best soundbar but at its price point it surely must be decent enough......... i hope ha

lots of good choices at the lower end, jbl, sharp, sony yamaha, best thing to do is decide on the spec you need then try to have a listen to a few, spend a bit more and you will get better sound , eg: sonos beam as an example.

lots of good choices at the lower end, jbl, sharp, sony yamaha, best thing to do is decide on the spec you need then try to have a listen to a few, spend a bit more and you will get better sound , eg: sonos beam as an example.

Yeah the sonus beam is only an extra 50 bucks really and it may well be better but it doesnt look as cool lol and its very small! I went ahead and took a chance on the Cav. Fingers crossed it cant be that bad. Its what i wanted in terms of its size as most soundbars are very small. Just gotta wait now and see what it sounds like. Hopefully it works out! Iam not expecting too much nor do i need anything spectacular so iam reasonably confident ill be satisfied unless its faulty or just downright terrible

I am back. The soundbar i ordered never shipped so i am back to square one. I have upped my budget to 500 max

Looking for recommendations for a soundbar that will offer really good soundstage for a reasonably sized room. Its an open plan living room / kitchen! Not a huge room but perhaps a little bigger then average.

Considering the sonos beam as it gets mentioned ALOT and seems well regarded as a good performer. Admittedly however. We are not strapped for space so a compact sound bar is not necessarily a need. I would prefer however if its an all in one bar!

I am back. The soundbar i ordered never shipped so i am back to square one. I have upped my budget to 500 max

Looking for recommendations for a soundbar that will offer really good soundstage for a reasonably sized room. Its an open plan living room / kitchen! Not a huge room but perhaps a little bigger then average.

Considering the sonos beam as it gets mentioned ALOT and seems well regarded as a good performer. Admittedly however. We are not strapped for space so a compact sound bar is not necessarily a need. I would prefer however if its an all in one bar!
The Beams a good all rounder that said a better bar from a more bespoke audio company would be a dali Katch one soundbar, in terms of out right audio quality, better all round. i have seen them online/ebay etc for around 500 normal price 650 so a bit of a bargain.

How would the dali katch compare to the sonos arc??
the arc is focused more for atmos the dali isnt at basic level. they both sound quite different, as a pure listening device i prefer the dali, but for movies the arc edges it.

Dali slightlysmaller sounstage

Try to listen to them

Where iam living its near impossible. Have a chance of getting a listen to the beam but all the high end soundbars are never in stock. You just gotta pay and have it delivered

Ok but you have 14 days under law to return an item if u r unhappy so you get a proper home demo

assume uk? if not there similar protection offered elsewere on the planet.
My point was merely the site has far more non-UK based members than it did a few years ago and UK shouldn’t be assumed. Anyway that member has their location as Ireland - that isn’t compulsory though and doesn’t have to be “correct”.

FWIW here in Australia we dream of that kind of protection...

My point was merely the site has far more non-UK based members than it did a few years ago and UK shouldn’t be assumed. Anyway that member has their location as Ireland - that isn’t compulsory though and doesn’t have to be “correct”.

FWIW here in Australia we dream of that kind of protection...
wow so nothing?

wow so nothing?
Buying a soundbar via the net? Not much.......the manufacturer can do things because they are nice and some will have a satisfaction guarantee - no way a blanket 14 days to try and return though enshrined in law. If there is a fault sure that is Australian Consumer Law (which is as wooly as anything). Distance selling of insurance etc. is of course covered by a 10 days cooling off period (contracts agreed at distance.

Even postage etc returning for a fault can be charged to the consumer. Big things they come tk the house but if they find no actual fault charge like a wounded rhino for the service visit (f they want to).

All a bit off topic - apologies for that - however just an outline as to how it is tricky to provide advice (and moderate) from locations different to the poster :)

Buying a soundbar via the net? Not much.......the manufacturer can do things because they are nice and some will have a satisfaction guarantee - no way a blanket 14 days to try and return though enshrined in law. If there is a fault sure that is Australian Consumer Law (which is as wooly as anything). Distance selling of insurance etc. is of course covered by a 10 days cooling off period (contracts agreed at distance.

Even postage etc returning for a fault can be charged to the consumer. Big things they come tk the house but if they find no actual fault charge like a wounded rhino for the service visit (f they want to).

All a bit off topic - apologies for that - however just an outline as to how it is tricky to provide advice (and moderate) from locations different to the poster :)
sure, got it.

Sorry for the delayed response. Iam in Indeed in Ireland and to the best of my knowledge the product can only be returned within 14 days if it is still in its original packaging / unopened. Once the packaging is open, it cannot be returned unless it is found to be faulty in which case the supplier will replace the product but only once the fault is confirmed. They will only give a refund if the product was returned faulty and they no longer stocked the product / could not replace it with another etc

Oh and i took a punt and went with the Sonos arc. Fingers crossed its worth the money

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom