• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Decent set of monitors sub £120?

[email protected]

Chaps,
bedroom studio seeking a modestly priced set of monitor speakers (bookshelves maybe).

Could anyone kindly recommend a pair around the £80-120 mark which output decent fidelity for (music) studio monitoring purposes? Not second hand / used etc. ... although I'm fully aware of the merits of this route.

Edirol seem to do a couple of pairs and also Mission around that price tag. I really need the speakers to pack a decent punch without blowing windows out with a wall of sound.

Any help much appreciated.

superkully

Standard Member
Try a pair of Eltax Monitor IIIs, £70? (can't remember, try Richer Sounds), great sound across the board, although the down firing bass port might be a problem if you want to put them on a stand (the included spikes are quite far apart and not many stands have a top plate big enough for them all to stand on).

So good that I've bought three pairs last year for a present and to go in the spare room.

S

SolentSurfer

Just over your budget but for the money you won't get better than the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's. List is £180 but shop around online and you can get for around £150. If you can scrape the extra £30 together it will be well worth it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom