1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent replacement for Digifusion FVRT150?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Mad-Mac, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I love my One For All Digital, but need something now that supports my new Digifusion FVRT150 - cannot find anything on One For All website that supports this as yet?

Are there any (easy to operate) alternatives out there already that would fit the bill? It needs to support also TV, VCR, DVD.

Thanks! Fingers crossed....

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for such a quick reply - what a super forum!

The Harmony looks great, but crikey, very expensive! Any thoughts of where to obtain any cheaper? Fingers crossed!

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  5. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this - much better price, but currently out of stock! I will keep trying.

Looking forward to easier remote control!

6. Paul97

Paul97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Madmac
    How do you rate your PVR, any good/bad points you can tell me would be appreciated :thumbsup:
    Paul

7. Gadget Daddy

Gadget Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    Paul,

If it helps Ive got a FVRT100 and I think its brilliant, there are 1 or 2 niggles like no series link but these maybe address in a future s/w upgrade, its dual tuner and its completely changed the way we watch TV.

Big Thumbs Up

Pete :smashin:

8. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think one for all have a downloadable set up code for the fusion. Give them a ring and ask - their customer service is excellent. Alternatively, a chap on the digital spy forums created his own wav. file for the kameleon 6 for the fusion fvrt100 - I expect it uses the same codes as the fvrt150.

Only problem is it will overright any other downloaded codes, and will only work on the kam 6 (1st gen, not sure about 2nd gen however). I can confirm it works fine, as I used it for my parents, to replace the dire original remote that the fvrt100 comes with

9. Paul97

Paul97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi PeteB2000
    Thanks for the reply, with so many new PVR coming out I don't know which one to go for. At the moment I watch Freeview through a Nokia 221T and if we want to record anything it is recorded on an old Panasonic video. What makes it worse is we live in a poor reception area for analogue, and even the Wife keeps saying "when are we going to get one of those twin tuner things". :eek:
    I had a real chewy experience returning a cd/radio to an internet store and don't want to go through the same again. :mad: :mad:
    Will keep looking on here for any reports on these marvelous devices.

Cheers
    Paul

10. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have been 'testing' the FVRT150 for a couple of weeks now and have to say it is superb! I had a few niggles to start with, the box would freeze when I changed channels and I had to unplug it a couple of times, so was not looking good. But, a few days later (and nightly updates from Digifusion) sorted everything out and now it works a treat!

Using it in LP mode is very good, I hardly notice a difference for most programmes - but the EP mode is a little too blocky for my eyes so I don't bother with it much. The 14 day calendar is great and I can set up recordings just by pressing a couple of buttons - I can record two freeview channels at once and watch another channel through analogue on the TV or something else I have recorded on the DVR - all at the same time! It really does become second nature far too quickly!

The only thing I didn't really get on with was the remote control, so I took the advice and bought the Harmony 665 from Dixons - haven't used another remote since it arrived. Now have a drawer full of 'old' remotes and a replacement for all of them that does everything the way you want it to, but never realised you did!

So, yes, I am happy with my purchases - and that 80gb is still only half full - or is that half empty?! :)

11. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    I might have a few Harmony 655 and 688's left over from the Smart Home Show and dixony type prices ;)

I'll even post them registered post for you.

mums the word :smashin: