Decent remotes (Sony MD /HD1/3 etc)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MEGAginge, Mar 14, 2005.

1. MEGAginge

MEGAginge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got an HD3 - doesnt ship with a remote in the UK as I'm sure everyone here well knows. Is there any good sites around to pick up a remote that looks "similar" to the style of the HD1 or HD3? The closest I have found so far is for a Net MD, but that had a blue backlight - and was pretty chunky as it doubled as a secondary A4 battery compartment. I have the silver player so a similar grey/black setup would be great :)

Much gratitude for anyone who can point me in the right direction

2. ilindsay

ilindsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You won't get any from a Sony Centre or from Sony itself.

I recently bought the RM-MC35ELK from ebay, have to say I find it's ideal.

Ebay auction

3. Scarylion

Scarylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Its nearly as big as the player itself though!

MEGAginge, what colour is your HD3? It looks gold in the picture.....

5. MEGAginge

MEGAginge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Its just silver like I said in my first message. My £3.50 Ikea lampshade is paper thin + yellow... Makes everything silver look gold :p

Swedes cant even get the Midas touch correct :p

EDIT:
    Hmm; Im torn between the two remotes. I tend to veer towards the 35 purely because its a familiar style. Would be nice to see a 40 IRL to get a better idea of it :)

6. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sorry, I didn't notice that in your first message lol.

7. al1980

al1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up buying both remotes to try them out, as I couldn't decide between them either!

The 35elk is much slimmer and fits in with the style of my hd-1 better (green backlight). However, i found navigating with it quite limited - you can't browse through your collection whilst listening to a song, which is annoying. Also it only has a 1 line dispay...

The 40elk has a blue backlight which will fit in nicely with the style of a black/red hd3. But the biggest turn off with this remote is its size. it's just so bulky, and like mcfarfs says, it's nearly the size of the player...It does have an excellent navigation wheel though, plus a 3 line display, and i would say that for ease of use, i'd go with this one over the 35elk.

i bought the 40elk from www.audiocubes.com - good service.

8. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I bought it in Audio Cubes too. Very good service, nice price (70€ included shipping), ease to use, no more navigating with your player, it controls all the function.

9. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have tried the 35elk and personaly didnt like it, i just found it a little uneccesary, i have decided to return it and not even bother with a remote. If i do get one later it will be a remote designed for teh hd3, which im hoping sony will release with the rumored accesories later this month.

10. ymboc

ymboc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    70€ is a nice price... ?

Don't you find the price of these remotes excessive... ? there's not much to them really...

I desperately want one myself... but I'm not (yet) prepared to spend what they seem to be going for these days... tbh I'm somewhat disappointed that such an expensive player (at least when I paid for it) didn't come with at least a basic remote in the first place.