Decent quality transformer for Tosh Equium laptop

TAPEDECK

Standard Member
Reaction score
I had to replace my old power supply for the above laptop after the mrs tripped over the wire one too many times grrrrr.

It was a a cheapish replacement from China off ebay for about £13 all in all.Its lasted me less than 12 months.

Can anyone recommend a decent replacement brand for less than £30,ideally about £20?Been recommend one by 'trust' but is on ebay for about £15.Are these any good and will I get warranty etc?

The one I need it a 15v 5amp.I borrowed a genuine Tosh that was only 3 amp but it seemed to play silly buggers with my battery life(as in saying 5 hours remaining before konking out after about half an hour!)

I have access to CPC but they are over £30 on there,non brand,and my boss thinks they may not be much better than the last one i bought.I have tried Scan after browsing the site a bit but couldn't find my model.

Can someone who's bought cheap from somewhere push me in the right direction of something reliable.

Many many thanks

Rory

Sorry have I put this in the wrong place or is this just a quieter section of the Forums?

Getting quite desperate to get this sorted now,3 months with no internet!

Many thanks

Rory

Seriously,has nobody on here bought replacement power leads/transformers from somewhere reliable/a reliable brand?

If not,could any of you kind people push me in the direction of another forum/somewhere where someone might know/a review centre etc.

Thank you

Rory

If you are anywhere near Manchester then I would hit Bowlers Computer Market on saturday, take the laptop, find a charger and they are generally less than 10. (will cost you 3 quid to get in) and you can test the charger before you go.

jeez Bowlers. Used to do that computer fair years ago! cant believe its still going although it was one of the bigger ones back then

jeez Bowlers. Used to do that computer fair years ago! cant believe its still going although it was one of the bigger ones back then

It's quiet there these days, but I am there every saturday, usually in the afternoon. All the vendors know me, if you are headed there let me know in advance and I'll meet up with whoever and say hi, I can usually swing a better deal on anything people want to buy from the vendors so hopefully save you a couple of pounds.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom