Decent quality blank CDRs that aren't paper thin?

alchemystical

Suspended
Whats the deal with all modern CDRs being paper thin? You can literally see right through them and, maybe coincidentally, the durability is crap. Anything decent on the market these days which is still affordable? Taiyo Yuden apparently were the way to go but they are no longer made in Japan and Ritek have apparently gone down the tubes so who actually makes a decent quality blank CDR these days?

In B4 "get an MP3 player you Luddite!"

Fe_man2000

I think the deal is that its a dead technology and non longer mainstream or profitable.

As you mention a MP3 player, why do you want to burn CDR's ? it cant be for the sound reproduction and 70 minutes per disk isnt desirable compared to 120GB on a MP3 player, so I was wondering why you are keen to use tech from 1982 ?

alchemystical

Suspended
Mainly because the place only has a CD player with no aux inputs. Any ideas on some decent media?

Fe_man2000

Sorry I havent bought any ... I cant remember when I last bought some actually well over 10 years ago I would think.

alchemystical

Suspended
All of the old decent brands that were made in Japan switched to elsewhere and the standards dropped. Same names, totally different blanks.

Might just splash out and buy them a new sound system instead.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom