1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent Multi region upgrade for Tosh 210E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Noel, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all,

I've just picked up a bargain I couldn't refuse. The above player was £119,99 at Costco, region 2 only. I needed a second player for the living room but I also need multi region. Who does a good collection/install/delivery service which gets around Macrovision and RCE? Techtronics claim to, but I've seen some other posts about their service, so I may steer clear....

Thanks in advance,

Noel

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Not such a bargain when a decent conversion by someone like DVD Magic will cost about £80 and will void your warranty. THere is no kit from them for this model to DIY so you also have to get it to them to have the work done.

Cheaper and better to get a modified player initially which wil come with a warranty. :confused: :confused:

3. pcavelle

pcavelle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Noel - I bought a 210e from DVD Magic & was informed by them (Ashley, I think the chaps name was) that all 'chipping' on the Toshibas is now a firmware update only ie no circuit boards or soldering involved at all. They just run a CD they get from a software co. somewhere, which changes it to auto multi region & gets round RCE too apparently.

Why don't you try them first & see if they'll do it for you?

Paul

4. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks Paul, in the end I got it done at a place in Manchester for £20! Your were right about the firmware only upgrade and RCE is no problem. I think I did quite well to get a multi region 210E for £139...

Thanks again for the reply,

Noel