Question Decent laptop for gaming?

KryKry

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hiya, so yeah i would ask you guys if you could help me pick a decent laptop up to £500 that could run few games, im being founded by school to get new laptop xD hence it would be much appreciated that the laptops you recommend have good reviews otherwise my school wont order it :c

thanks for any help,
KryKy

I would be surprised that you could have any influence over the choice to be honest - it would be entirely down to the IT dept at your school, and they are more likely to pick a brand that they have loads of for image purposes or pricing etc, having one's of a laptop can be slightly annoying.

Plus, they are unlikely to want you to game on it, and your account will be limited - if you have issues, they will not sort it out, they will wipe it.

Well luckily due to my personal issues my school receives founding for me in which case i can spend entirely up to me, school gave me budget £500 to spend on anything that will help me with living situation or school and stuff, so I've said laptop. That laptop isnt going to be limited by any of school restrictions it will be like I've brought it myself xd school is just monitoring my budget xd

Type of game? Sadly I always think the phrase "gaming laptop" then adding a price restriction is a mythical beast - they just dont exist unless you are prepared to compramise massively. Some laptops you will struggle to get an i5 with 8Gb RAM inside £500, without adding any gaming overheads.

There seem to be some gaming videos on that model - check youtube. It helps that the laptop has a 720p resolution and is not trying for 1080p.

That laptop is probably the best you are going to get for the money that you have.

It won't really run any of the latest games above low-medium settings though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom