Decent ish low cost MP3 - does it exist?

KyleS1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've been asked to pick up a simple MP3 player for an uncle-in-law. It's been about 10 years since I had one, so totally out of touch with it all. Some limited research shows a heap of problems with all the basic ones. Is this the case or is there a recommended brand?
Reviews either say poor battery life, menu, build quality with everything I've read about. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Less than £50 if possible. Sound quality isn't an issue.

Take a look at a Sansa Clip (there are different models Sport, Jam etc. with different memory options). Brilliant little player with a great sound.

HB

It was the Sansa Clip and Jam that I read bad reviews. I saw more favourable on the Clip+.
Which do you have that you would recommend?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Speaking with ownership experience

Clip Zip is better than Clip Plus build wise as the 'clip' on the Zip is non detachable

Thanks. I'm not sure how much it will get used or how it will be used, so kinda having to recommend blind. Thanks for all the help though chaps.

You could get a budget fiio player. Thing is the sound quality on modern smartphones quite suffices

Maybe a second hand ipod on the cheap?

It's a gift, so needs to be new. Plus iTunes is probably a step ahead of the recipients capabilities.

I have the Sansa clip and its an excellent player but its small so if your using small in ear phones its fine but if your powering a bigger set of over ear phones you will have to crank the volume up to drive them. Which significantly drops battery life.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom