Decent in-line Zigbee/Smart switch?

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
I have a lamp I want to add a smart switch to for Alexa control, routines etc. I normally use Kasa smart plug, but they are too big to use behind the shelves the lamp is on. I plan to cut the cable anyway, so might as well use a Zigbee (or similar) in-line switch.

Correct me if I’m wrong, I won’t need a Zigbee hub because the Amazon Echo Plus I have had one built in, but which is the best switch (preferably on Amazon)?

Last edited:

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I don't use an Echo Plus but I do use one of these with my Hue Bridge to switch my outside floodlight.

Amazon product
This is the link I bought mine from but it looks the same while being a tenner more expensive

Amazon product
I've had mine since Feb 2019, it's used multiple times a day when the dogs go out at night and has been pretty reliable. I've only.needed to flip the power to a couple of times in over a year and a half.

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Thanks. I’ve also seen this, how do they compare? Quite a price difference...

SONOFF Basic R3 Smart WiFi Switch,Light Switch Compatible with Alexa/Google Home/IFTTT,APP Remote Control,Voice Control,Timer Function,Support LAN Control,No Hub Required,1 Gang,10A Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom