Decent gaming card with HDMI and not too expensive

WhyAyeMan

Hi all, thinking about buying a new PC. I'll be after a graphics card that is good for games, has HDMI but isnt too expensive. I like the look of the Nividia 9600GT cards at the moment, but I dont know if they have HDMI or is it just DVI ?

I want the HDMI so I dont have HDCP issues with blu-ray movies in future.

Calza

Standard Member
Hi all, thinking about buying a new PC. I'll be after a graphics card that is good for games, has HDMI but isnt too expensive. I like the look of the Nividia 9600GT cards at the moment, but I dont know if they have HDMI or is it just DVI ?

I want the HDMI so I dont have HDCP issues with blu-ray movies in future.

Its up to the card manufacturers which connections they use so really you just have to check what the specification of each card is.

Also they is a whole new raft of cards coming out next month, so you may want to wait until then.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
DVI can support HDCP too, in fact HDMI is just DVI with sound and control channels added and a new connector which is why the converters are so cheap (it's just a matter of connecting the wires up).

If the graphics card doesn't need to output sound over HDMI then any HDCP compatible graphics card with DVI will do. If you do need sound then check the particular card you want to buy rather than just the chipset.

Razor

Go for the 8800GT over the 9600GT. The 9600T is a cut down version of the 8800GT. You can pick up a 8800GT for £100.

Like others have said you can get HDMI from DVI and most cards these days have a spdif pass through on the graphics card from your sound card or mobo. So HDMI isnt an issue. Allot of cards these days have HDMI adapters from the DVI out at the back of the graphics card, which carry both sound and picture. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom