Decent games for a new pc gamer

lpoolm

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi so I have just bought a gpd win 3 which is a pretty decent gaming pc. I have never been a pc gamer always console due to ease of use.
I would love some recommendations on games I might have missed out on. I dont want anything too old as I am a bit of a graphics snob but willing to give anything a look.
I am mainly into first person shooters, adventure games like the last of us/unchartered but again willing to look at other game types.
Would appreciate anything worth taking a look at.
Thanks

GPD win 3 is a handheld PC so is more limited than desktop PC, its not a platform for graphics snobs, you do have to make compromises with new graphics heavy games but older games can run much better.

There are Steam curators who list games that are known to run well on GPD Win 2 for example. There are also lots of channels on Youtube that specialize in handheld PC's and showcasing games running on them, for example this video or this GPD Win 3 mix of titles.

Steam in the main source of PC games and you can browse its library by tags e.g. FPS and further narrow it down.

Epic Games Store is an alternative to Steam and GoG (Good old games) focuses on retro PC games.

There is also RetroArch if you want to emulate old game consoles.

If you've been on a console for so many years you've probably played all of the big name FPS games but what's not on consoles are lots of old and new retro FPS games, new ones made to mimic old style, a long list of games here that should run very well on GPD Win 3.

Dishonoured 2 is (or was) £3.74 on steam and is supposed to be a cracking game. A few years old now so should be able to run it fine.

Thanks, I will start going through the above mentioned.

Back to ask I would second the Half-Life vote. I've just got back in to PC gaming (mainly for sim-racing) but I've put a decent chunk of hours in to Half-life (1) and Quake. The old classics. For me the attraction of the PC is the games you can't get elsewhere - the classics and those games that need the sheet power of the PC that betters even in the XBSX and PS5. If its as good on console then I'll play on console for the simplicity.

Hi so I have just bought a gpd win 3 which is a pretty decent gaming pc. I have never been a pc gamer always console due to ease of use.
I would love some recommendations on games I might have missed out on. I dont want anything too old as I am a bit of a graphics snob but willing to give anything a look.
I am mainly into first person shooters, adventure games like the last of us/unchartered but again willing to look at other game types.
Would appreciate anything worth taking a look at.
Thanks
Not sure if it was mentioned but if you have amazon prime via twitch rewards they were giving a key for battlefield V on origin currently. Not sure how it'll run for you but a free game is always good.

Thanks again, played half life 2 on the ps3 but dont think I finished it so might give that a go again.
Have just gotten red dead 2 and ghost recon wildlands as it was cheap.
Love the cods but never really played any after modern warfare 3, seem a bit pricey on steam so will leave them for now.
I will download battlefield too as I have seen that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom