Decent FM stereo transmitter

cdldt

Banned
Can anybody recommend a decent FM transmitter for the car?

I would ideally like to get an adapter to hook up to the CD changer port on the back of the stereo but then I would need to drill holes in the dashboard to run the cables through, and it's a company car so that's out of the question. So I'm stuck with FM transmitters.

Right now I have a cheap "CY-668" transmitter, which also does FM Stereo. This works fine on battery power, and the FM quality is as good as normal radio stations (if a bit quiet) but it gets through batteries very quickly. I use rechargeables but it's still an inconvenience swapping them to charge every day. It also comes with a cigarette lighter adapter which I've plugged into the 12V port in the car, but the power from this seems to have a lot of RF noise on it, and you can hardly hear the music over noises from the cars electrics and engine.

So, can anyone recommend an FM transmitter that I can plug into the 12V socket, but one which has adequate filters for the power? Ideally I want FM stereo too. I'm using an iPod but I'd rather have something that connects to the 3.5mm mini-jack. Those adapters which support the iPod via its dock connector seem a bit dangerous (for the health of the iPod's connector).

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom