Decent Blu ray player with iplayer capabilities

rupertx

Hi Folks

I reckon its time I junked my old Oppo and got myself a newer blu ray player.

It will be used only for dvd as I dont own any blu ray discs currently.

However, I want something with wifi capabilities to use for BBC Iplayer.

Im currently using my wii for this function but it doesnt always perform that well and regularly loses bandwidth.

Any recommendations ?

I'd like to stay sub £200

Thanks in advance

mickbarlow

Novice Member
im also interested is such a product.

just looked this morning and the Samsung BDD6500 is the one jumping out at me.

unless someone can tell me different, it looks like the one with the most online features?

fatfingers73

I bought the Sony S580 on Saturday.

I highly recommend it.

I like the fact that it has USB on the front and back. Don't like cables hanging out the front.

It also has built in wifi and loads of internet streaming apps.

mickbarlow

Novice Member
haha, i just logged on to say ive done a bit more reading and have changed from the sammy to a sony s580

i think that can have multiregion dvd?

mentm

Sony s580 would be my choice, yes it can be hacked for multi region dvd with a suitable remote.

My player still buffers from time to time, but it does have iplayer hd which the wii doesn't.

fatfingers73

Don't know where you are, but i bought mine on Saturday from PRC Direct in Ilford. £129 and already multi region (for DVD).

Instore only though. Although it's worth asking if they would deliver as it's a great price.

haha, i just logged on to say ive done a bit more reading and have changed from the sammy to a sony s580

i think that can have multiregion dvd?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom