Decent Banana Plugs ?

DodgeTheViper

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any decent banana plugs for connecting speaker cable at the Amp end ?

Shouldn,t make a difference at which end but, binding posts are inherantly laid out in a cramped fashion.

Cheers

I used the merlin ones from the same ebay seller as above. Which are quite good quality and excellent service from z_lensman

I'm using the exact same ones as craig, seem fine and didn't downgrade my sound quality at all. They have 'solder buckets' for soldering cables in.

Don't use them if you're using standard 19 strand cable though as it won't secure properly

I use these IXOS 206 plugs, pretty decent price, 2 pairs in a pack. Look very similar to those posted above.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I'd recommend QED's airlock plugs. Provide IMO the best of both worlds. A really good connection that becomes in effect the wire, no degrading solder required. You'll need to get dealer to crimp the cables. Best to get the ends pre stripped tho'. 12mm should be good although QED say 10mm but bytime twisted they tend to be a little short.I think a set of 4 costs £20 Probably get them crimped for free if you use some charm.

The cross section of the cable cannot be any larger than about 4mm to allow the wire to fit and crimp effectively.

I'm using QED Silver Anniversary cable and it's preinstalled around the room, so taking it to a dealer is not an option.
I need DIY at home fit ones.

just ordered some merlin connectors too, look very good :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom