Decent ADSL modem Gaming Router???

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by JNV, Dec 19, 2006.

1. JNV

JNV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Plz can some1 help, ive been searching the internet for a good Xbox live compatible wireless ADSL modem router. The Xbox website lists several cable routers, but no modem routers.

Ive had a linskys router which blew up, and am now using a D-link DSL-G624T which keps loosing its signal, disconnecting me from live. I then have to sign out of my profile, and then sign back in. Or connect to xbox live again. This gets really annoying when you get a decent game going.

Is anyone using a router for live which they can recommend, im really looking for a gaming router but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance JNV

2. dng007

dng007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hi,

I'm using a Netgear DG834G ADSL router. It's got 4 ethernet ports (so you can connect up to 4 devices at once), and is wireless (54Mbps). I'm more than happy with it, and connect my XBOX 360 up to is using the MS wireless adapter. Never had any problems with it either.

3. runam0k

runam0k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    A quick search (of this forum) and you'll 101 recommendations for the Netgear router above.

I'd also recommend the Dynamode R-ADSL-C4W-EG
    and the ZyXEL P660HW (both good value for money, easy to set up, lots of advanced settings to tweak and very reliable). In my experience.

4. mart1977

mart1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Also using the Netgear DG834G. Been online for 2 weeks now and had no problems at all. Also look on www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk for exact instructions on setting up that model of router.

5. JNV

JNV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for your replys guys, i'm probably gonna try the Netgear one, however after searching on ebay i see that theres a V2 model now. Not sure whether to spend the extra and get the V2, or stick with the original one that everyone speaks so highly of??

6. ShadowmanUK

ShadowmanUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    V2 or V3 are the best ones