Decent 65" TV's in the Sales

jjgreenwood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a 65" TV by the end of the month to replace my TX47DT50 Panasonic LED tv. Want something that will not only be bigger but also a significant improvement over the set I have at the moment. Will be used mainly for BBC, Bluray, 4k bluray, 3D and PC & Xbox Gaming. I have a high spec pc so would like a 4k set and been looking at the OLED sets and this samsung:

Samsung UE65JS9500 Smart 3D 4k Ultra HD 65

LG 65EF950V Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k 65" OLED TV

So is the OLED worth another £700 over the Samsung set - seems a fair old chunk. Do we think these are likely to get much cheaper in the near future & are there any other sets that should be considered or are these the best on the market currently? Given the old tv works fine should I wait for anything specific to be launched in the near future or should I just get one of these.

Room is very bright during the day due to tv being next to patio doors but I also turn lights down at night when watching films to create a cinema experience. Sound will be provided by SONOS Playbar and Sub so is not a consideration to choosing between panels. Internet connection is not fast enough to provide 4k via netflix or amazon so will be buying 4k bluray and downloading 4k content via pc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom