Decent 5g phone suggestions please.

lpoolm

Hi so need a new phone so going to get a 5g model, moving from a Samsung s9+, I like the size.
I cant justify spending loads anymore so my limit is £200ish..
I have been looking at the Samsung a52/a42. And the 42 seems to be ok except for the screen resolution.
I have then seen loads of threads for Oppo's and realme, these seems really good but I read about little future support especially with newer Android releases?

The one feature I do like on my Samsung is having a secure folder only I can access so keeps any apps not for the kids in which I would miss if I went to another brand?

Does anyone have any input for me, anything I should consider or read up on please.

I have watched Youtube all day comparing phones and I am more confused then when I started, I need some personal inputs please.

Timalay

You might struggle to get a good 5G for that budget. Motorola has the G50 available from Carphone Warehouse for just under £200. If you stretch your budget another £50, there's the OnePlus Nord N10 5G from OnePlus themselves. The main differences are the G50 has the Snapdragon 480 chipset, and the OnePlus has the 690. Both won't be huge on the updates of their software (I know OnePlus has promised 1 major Android update, and 2 years of security patches). Don't even both asking me about Motorola, they have gotten really bad since being bought out by Lenovo.
Edit: Just found this on Youtube. It might help you.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom