Decent 37" Full HD for £600 - £700?

spidey2k7

Standard Member
Evening all

I'm considering a new tele to compliment my Xbox 360 (May soon be replaced with a PS3), so it's primarily for gaming, but obviously if I get a PS3 I wil probably be wanting to take advantage of the blu-ray player too.

Any advice, I'm ideally wanting a 37" full hd box and want to spend in the region of £600 - £700. Am I pushing it? Or can I get something decent for the money I want to spend?

Cheers

spidey2k7

Standard Member
What about the Toshiba 37X3030D... Is this any good? Or would you suggest forking out the extra for the Samsung?

spidey2k7

Standard Member
Ok, I have found another box to add to the list... so, I think it will be a choice of one of these...

Samsung - LE37M87BDX
Toshiba - 37X3030D
LG - 37LF75

What are your opinions people?

gillbee

I'm interested in the Toshiba as well - can I ask if you've seen it anywhere in your price range. Cheapest I've found is £800.

spidey2k7

Standard Member
Yeah I have seen the 'X' series model in Comet for £650, think it was in their sale. Looked really impressive, it was the favourite for me, but I'm interested to see what opinions others can offer me with regard to the other two mentioned below.

gillbee

Doh! My bad - was looking for the Z series and didn't read the post properly. Thought that price was too good to be true.

D

Deleted member 171211

I've got the Toshiba 37x3030DB, it's a great set. However, if you can afford the extra for the 37Z3030DB, I would go for that, it has the 100Hz and 24fps support.

Cheers,
Stephen

mark1000

Distinguished Member
John lewis have the 37x3030 for £699, a friend has the 42 " one and swears by it, looked getting one myself but i need per input settings and the tosh's are all global.

Mark.

spidey2k7

Standard Member
Thanks for all your help people. It's between the LG and the Tosh now.

There isn't much price wise between these two sets, although I am sort of leaning towards the LG because of it's XD Engine (from a gaming perspective).

LadFromWales

I'm liking the LG as it looks the part (IMHO) and droom mentioned that there is no noticable lag.

Been considering both this (in 37 or 42) and the Tosh (in 37 or 42) and the Sammy in 40. Really leaning towards the LG, just somewhat reluctant to order knowing that a week ago there were 10% off vouchers going around! Plus shipping and the Xtra card, it'll cost over £700 :(

spidey2k7

Standard Member
I'm liking the LG as it looks the part (IMHO) and droom mentioned that there is no noticable lag.

Been considering both this (in 37 or 42) and the Tosh (in 37 or 42) and the Sammy in 40. Really leaning towards the LG, just somewhat reluctant to order knowing that a week ago there were 10% off vouchers going around! Plus shipping and the Xtra card, it'll cost over £700 :(

Think the cheapest I found was though a link on here somewhere, think the box was £650 and the postage was £25... may of been Empire or something??

LadFromWales

Yeah, Empire, £649 + £25 + £29.99 for the edXtra card for 3yr warranty.

I'd say its needed, as I'd just sit closer anyway ;) You won't see the difference between 720 and 1080 material at a normal seating distance (apparently), but what won't stop me getting one, I'll just be annoyed when a few months down the line I get a Hybrid HD-DVD/Blu-Ray player and can only watch 720p.

I've got an eye defect, one eyes weak and long sighted, the other is strong and short sighted, so I'll probably end up sitting closer to avoid wearing glasses to watch TV ;)

spidey2k7

Standard Member
Yeah, Empire, £649 + £25 + £29.99 for the edXtra card for 3yr warranty.

I'd say its needed, as I'd just sit closer anyway ;) You won't see the difference between 720 and 1080 material at a normal seating distance (apparently), but what won't stop me getting one, I'll just be annoyed when a few months down the line I get a Hybrid HD-DVD/Blu-Ray player and can only watch 720p.

I've got an eye defect, one eyes weak and long sighted, the other is strong and short sighted, so I'll probably end up sitting closer to avoid wearing glasses to watch TV ;)

That's the reason I was gonna chop my 360 in for a PS3... the blu ray player... trouble is, the PS3 doesn't have the range of games the 360 does and I can't afford to have both. :(

Roscoepeko

Surprised there has not been any mention of Panny TX-37LZD70 available for £800 many reviews put it as the best 37" LCD , also its Plasma equivalent TH-37PX70 £600 which may reviews put as best 37" set ....any reason ????

spidey2k7

Standard Member
my toshiba 37x3030 is being delivered tomorrow (cant wait). Will give an update on Friday if you like

That would be good Yardstick, I haven't purchased myself yet so any feedback would still be of good use.

Can I ask how long you have had to wait for delivery?

spidey2k7

Standard Member
Surprised there has not been any mention of Panny TX-37LZD70 available for £800 many reviews put it as the best 37" LCD , also its Plasma equivalent TH-37PX70 £600 which may reviews put as best 37" set ....any reason ????

My budget in total for a TV and Stand is £800 so unfortunately for me im gonna fall short of the Panny and the Z series Tosh... not sure if it's worth paying the extra, say for example to jump from an X series tosh, to a Z series...

Any views?

Yardstick

That would be good Yardstick, I haven't purchased myself yet so any feedback would still be of good use.

Was about 10 days, but that only because we don't have a car. Could have picked it up from the local Comet so it would have been same day. I've taken the day off from work for it to be delivered. Sitting waiting now. Bet it doesn't turn up until 5pm or something stupid like that.

I think the differance between the x & z series toshiba is an extra HDMI and the z is 100hz.

Yardstick

Tele arrived yesterday afternoon, 5 minutes to set-up and I am very please with it. Great picture, great sound and very easy to use. I'm watching all SD stuff and the picture is brilliant. Just fine tuning the colour settings as I go but for £650 its a great TV. Would recommend :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom