December 2011 Winner - Urban Nightscapes

almightygoodgod

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Nipped down to Tsim Sha Tsui this evening to take a picture of Hong Kong Island's skyline. I would have preferred a wider shot but there were too many fast moving boats blurred by the long exposure time. I liked the one boat that was slow moving I caught in the shot, choosing this one over another without a boat in. This was my first attempt at anything like this having actually purchased a tripod on my way to take the photo. Hope you like it!!

6492404241_00fd763b42_b.jpg

D40x
Focal length 28mm
shutter speed 2.5s
aperture 4.2
iso 100

Will email the original to zone to meet with forum rules.

My only concern is that I will be on holiday in Cambodia when the deadline comes, I sincerely hope to have access to the internet when I am there to vote but can't be certain.

EDIT: Bit of movie trivia, the big one in the photo is called IFC2 and is the one Batman jumps off in Dark Knight.

Well, I will have to buy myself a plane ticket if I intend to compete with this ;) Great shot. Fabulous place, I'm sure and well done with the exposure. I don't think I would've minded the blurred boats, though!

Very nice shot Rob - don't forget that you can PM a Proxy vote to Zone :)

Jim

Im very worried that with this shot and the Rotterdam one - my Norwich based photo (when i find finally somewhere nice to snap!) will look somewhat less glamorous!

Great photo - i love cityscapes like this - very jealous! :thumbsup:

Great view, well done. I was only in HK once, and that was during the steamy season where it was impossible to get a clear view of the city. I would have loved to have been able to see this. For colour and impact, it's going to be hard to beat... :smashin:

Stunning shot - really well shot and upt the anty for this month.

Wish we had lighting like that where I live!! Pipe dream with current financial situation.

Lovely work, Good luck :smashin:

icemanonline

Nice colourful city scape, like that a lot. I'm glad the sky isn't perfect as well as now others are still in the race also :)

Great view, well done. I was only in HK once, and that was during the steamy season where it was impossible to get a clear view of the city. I would have loved to have been able to see this. For colour and impact, it's going to be hard to beat... :smashin:

I know exactly what you are getting at, from the office I work in today I can clearly see the buildings and the hills behind them, on other days they are completely invisible. I think you are being quite kind when you call it steam, smog would be what I call it, although it is worse during the humid season.

Very nice Rob. All you need is a burnt out car and a bag of drowned kittens in the shot and it'd be like living back in Manc eh?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom