December 2011 Winner - Urban Nightscapes

almightygoodgod

Nipped down to Tsim Sha Tsui this evening to take a picture of Hong Kong Island's skyline. I would have preferred a wider shot but there were too many fast moving boats blurred by the long exposure time. I liked the one boat that was slow moving I caught in the shot, choosing this one over another without a boat in. This was my first attempt at anything like this having actually purchased a tripod on my way to take the photo. Hope you like it!!

6492404241_00fd763b42_b.jpg

D40x
Focal length 28mm
shutter speed 2.5s
aperture 4.2
iso 100

Will email the original to zone to meet with forum rules.

My only concern is that I will be on holiday in Cambodia when the deadline comes, I sincerely hope to have access to the internet when I am there to vote but can't be certain.

EDIT: Bit of movie trivia, the big one in the photo is called IFC2 and is the one Batman jumps off in Dark Knight.

Miranda

Well, I will have to buy myself a plane ticket if I intend to compete with this ;) Great shot. Fabulous place, I'm sure and well done with the exposure. I don't think I would've minded the blurred boats, though!

shotokan101

Banned
Very nice shot Rob - don't forget that you can PM a Proxy vote to Zone :)

Jim

Gunhawk

Distinguished Member
Im very worried that with this shot and the Rotterdam one - my Norwich based photo (when i find finally somewhere nice to snap!) will look somewhat less glamorous!

Great photo - i love cityscapes like this - very jealous! :thumbsup:

Butch499

Great view, well done. I was only in HK once, and that was during the steamy season where it was impossible to get a clear view of the city. I would have loved to have been able to see this. For colour and impact, it's going to be hard to beat... :smashin:

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Stunning shot - really well shot and upt the anty for this month.

Wish we had lighting like that where I live!! Pipe dream with current financial situation.

Lovely work, Good luck :smashin:

icemanonline

D

Deleted member 27989

Nice colourful city scape, like that a lot. I'm glad the sky isn't perfect as well as now others are still in the race also :)

almightygoodgod

Great view, well done. I was only in HK once, and that was during the steamy season where it was impossible to get a clear view of the city. I would have loved to have been able to see this. For colour and impact, it's going to be hard to beat... :smashin:

I know exactly what you are getting at, from the office I work in today I can clearly see the buildings and the hills behind them, on other days they are completely invisible. I think you are being quite kind when you call it steam, smog would be what I call it, although it is worse during the humid season.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Very nice Rob. All you need is a burnt out car and a bag of drowned kittens in the shot and it'd be like living back in Manc eh?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom