December 2011 Photo Competition - Launch and Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well done to all who entered November's competition but as always there can only be one winner so congratulations go to russellwood for a runaway win with this picture :thumbsup:

For December he has picked the theme

Urban Nightscapes :)

A personal word of warning for folks to take sensible precautions if participating; as night time and walking around with some expensive kit on show is a recipe for disaster so lets be careful out there :D

As always

who will once again be supplying a 10x8" print of the winning shot :)

And Gordon @

who is once again offering his services for a free ISF calibration, terms and conditions apply, see below :thumbsup:

Closing date is Wednesday 28th December at 7pm or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Congrats to the winner :)
I'm must admit though, that I'm a bit confused about the new theme :) This is going to be a lot of long exposure shots, surely? And theme last month was long exposure.. But hey, winner's pick! So not complaining, just tossing out my thoughts :)

Yep going to be another batch of long exposures and light trails, and that's OK.

In all honesty though just glad the theme's not Christmas again... Bah Humbug!!!

KH

We shall see I suppose.....

Jim

Might sit this one out, got lots to do on the run up to Christmas so time's against me...again! :(

Personally I would have liked a Christmas-related theme, but I guess from what Keith's said, that's probably been done to death over the years.

Appreciate "urban nightscape" is the winners choice, so good luck everyone :smashin:

Darren

Might sit this one out, got lots to do on the run up to Christmas so time's against me...again! :(

Personally I would have liked a Christmas-related theme, but I guess from what Keith's said, that's probably been done to death over the years.

Appreciate "urban nightscape" is the winners choice, so good luck everyone :smashin:

Darren

Of course there's absolutely nothing to stop you using a Christmas scene as your interpretation of an Urban Nightscape.... :lesson:

Jim

Of course there's absolutely nothing to stop you using a Christmas scene as your interpretation of an Urban Nightscape.... :lesson:

Jim

This is true, although the street decorations are pretty cr&p around my neck of the woods, as are the streets themselves :(

Darren

Just googled the theme for some idea and I'm pretty excited given my lack of entries in the last couple of months. Might even get one in early given the impending business of christmas with 2 boys under 6 and a big child (me) in the house!

Anyone know the right place to start one off, Simon has probably been obsessed
with admiring his mo in the mirror and has forgotten to start one off:D

Anyone know the right place to start one off, Simon has probably been obsessed
with admiring his mo in the mirror and has forgotten to start one off:D

It's just another "entry thread" with that name :)

I'm in for this one!

Is a newcomer to photography welcome this month? Got my first DSLR at the begining of the month, and im off to Prague on the 24th, so would welcome some comments if anything!

All welcome - look forward to seeing your entry :thumbsup:

Jim

Excuse my ingnorance but how do I add my camera details & Flickr link to my user name profile?:rolleyes:

I just added them in a smaller font to my profile signature from the user control panel :)

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom