1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DeccaVideo DB325 DVD Player - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ChrisNightingal, Aug 20, 2003.

1. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

My Parent's have just recieved a DeccaVideo DB325 DVD player through the post as part of a points scheme for home shopping surveys (oh and a little amount of cash as well!!). I have never heard of the make, let alone the DVD player and must admit the first words that spring to mind are "clone", "generic" and "grey import". It comes with an assortment of "highly questionable" dvd titles (I would never buy them in a 100 years!!!!) but was wondering if the DVD player is any good. My parents are looking for a cheap DVD player but don't know whether this one will be any good. If it isn't then it will go back cos I know Richer Sounds are doing some really good deals at the moment.

Also does anyone know if it's region free or hackable via the remote?

It seems silly to ask this when we have it in our possession but would rather avoid opening up the box.

I have attached an image of the box in case it sheds any light!!

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris Nightingale.

Attached Files:

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I don't recognise the model but Decca Video is a sub brand of Tatung so I would search for multiregion hacks for any Tatung models and if they don't work try some of the generic hacks which work for a multitude of players like the hack for the cyberhome CH402. Tatung are taiwanese and they have good expertise in design so it could be unique to them. Why not email Tatung uk for a hack? Best of luck.

Lastly looking at the photo it looks half decent. I mean it has a multicolour display and a reasonable number of buttons which is more than can be said for a lot of the cheapies nowadays.

3. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info,

I have emailed Tatung then to see if I get any word from them.

I may actually try it to see if by any chance it happens to be multi-region out the box and whether it can handle NTSC DVDs

Thanks,

Chris.

4. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had another look at the DVD player and it turns out that the actual model number listed on the player is DDV2140 but still can't find any reference to it anywhere. I notice that there is a 2110 model about but that's about it.