1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEC 2000t (no sound)

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Kera, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Kera

Kera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just installed a DEC 2000t on my analogue TV as per the instructions using the RF cable (old TV with no SCART).

I get a great picture on the digital stations, but the sound is as if the TV is not tuned in with just interference and no actual sound. I tried to see if it made a difference if I plugged the audio cable into the jack plug at the back of the 2000t and putting one of the sockets onto the single audio input socket on the TV, but this made no difference. The old analogue stations are still fine. There is no VCR in my set up and the software update says Dec 2002. I tried changing the frequency that the box transmits on to 42, the lowest setting and the highest setting and retuning each time but without successfully resolving the issue.

The sound is OK when I subsequently connected the 2000t to my laptop via the USB cable. However, the vast majority of the time it will be used only with the TV.

Any ideas?