1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

debate on mission 771e / 772

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by imr4n, May 20, 2002.

1. imr4n

imr4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, i need your debate on this issue.. is mission 771e/772 any good? Richer sounds is selling it for a dead cheap price = 100 pounds/120 pounds.

because they'r quite old speakers.. how r they compared to other budget speakers such as Wharfedale 8.1 or B&W DM303... Some says the 77 series bass are weak but aren't all budget speakers?

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have had the m772 since they first came out they have a punchy bass within their limits-which are good. excellent with music and movies and an absolute bargain at r/s price they are also the upgraded ones. i.e. gold plated cones and cable terminals-the early ones were chrome and nickel.

3. imr4n

imr4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm still trying to figure out which category of speakers are the mission 77 series in?

Is KEF Cresta better or worse than them?

I've got a Yamaha RXV520RDS with a wharfedale 8.1 front speaker.. i'm thinking of moving the wharfie to the rear and either:

1. Buy a bigger wharfie as a front - the diamond 8.2

2. Or a KEF Cresta 2 for the front, is it's better than the 8.2

3. Or the mission 771e although my system will be awful looking coz they don't one in cherry colour.

decisions decisions :confused: