death wish

death wish bluray boxset 0f 5 movies
Amazon product
priced £39,99

just been to amazon and were looking for a few bluray movies and came across this death wish 5 movie boxset, im replacing my
original death wish dvd's with blurays, i have death wish 1/2/3 and i did here that the 4/5 were not has good and thats one reason
that i never went for 4/5, should i go for the boxset of 5 or should i just make do with the dvd's, thank you for any feedback,

death wish
Amazon product
i've spent time looking through the web/youtube and trying to find out of this bluray boxset is worth the money and it isn't, the
boxet cut and thats a shame when you really want this boxset, the only other option is to get your death wish movies 2/3 from amazon
and i've left a link above so you can check it out for yourself,

Last edited:

Marv

No link showing.

The first Death Wish is the same world wide its the sequels where the choice comes in. Shout Factory but out a decent uncut release of Death Wish II with a new commentary.

The Australian release is the one I have which is also uncut but also has the greek VHS version as an extra which features some extended scenes. (this release is a double back with Death Wish III.

The best release of Death Wish III is the new one from Scorpion which has a new 2K scan, a commentary and a couple of interviews. The disc is region A locked though.

Death wish 4 and 5 I'd go for the Australian double pack again as both films feature new commentary's.

If your not fused on extras and having Death Wish II uncut the MGM three film pack is worth getting as its cheap, has decent pq and is region free.

ml337

Not that I'd necessarily recommend Zoom.co.uk but the UK collection is on for £30.99 free shipping there.

dazzer28

Standard Member
Thanks Marv really interesting ., I did fancy getting some newer versions myself and for me would want the uncut and best quality. I used to own these on the original VHS back in the day ! My understanding is Winner inserted some scenes into DW2 that Bronson was very unhappy about.

I will see what comes up on forums and ebay, as in no rush.

Every older film I try to get is never cheap :)

SimonST

Distinguished Member
I'd always recommend Death Wish 4 if you've enjoyed them all so far. Not as outright batsh*t crazy as 3, but not a million miles off either, and it's an interesting premise, plenty of action.

Personally I enjoy 5, but I can see why others don't rate it, violence is toned down somewhat. Probably only one for die-hard Bronson fans.

Garrett

I'd always recommend Death Wish 4 if you've enjoyed them all so far. Not as outright batsh*t crazy as 3, but not a million miles off either, and it's an interesting premise, plenty of action.

Personally I enjoy 5, but I can see why others don't rate it, violence is toned down somewhat. Probably only one for die-hard Bronson fans.
5 the only one story I remember after the first and did not find too bad albeit gets only 4.9 on IMDB only other bits from the others is some over the top reactions from tenants after a killing and a knocked out lady rolling down a hill.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom