Death Sentence BD - £4.99

wastedyuthe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Wow! This is a good sign of things to come. HERE is where you can pick up Death Sentence brand new for under a fiver. I wasn't too impressed with this particular film. Don't get me wrong, it was ok and a decent watch. But is it a film I would watch again and again? I'm not so sure.
What I am pleased about is that this is surely a good sign that BD prices are dropping to reasonable levels. Only a couple of weeks ago I picked up Close Encounters on BD for £11 from Asda. We just need more high street stores lowering their prices now.

[EDIT] Looks like they made a mistake. Just checked the site again, and they have changed the price to £7.95. Oh well- still a good price if you like the film. Perhaps they priced it as the SD DVD.

Death Sentence is available for £4.99 on UK BD from dvd.co.uk

Good Spot - the DVD costs more from them!! :thumbsup:

Good spot, but in my experience dvd.co.uk aren't very good at honouring mis-prices, which this obviously is.

I've taken a punt and ordered anyway. We may get lucky and there's no harm in trying :smashin:

It is in the 'Top Selling' chart on the right at No.5 currently with a price of £11.49, but still says £4.99 when you go to the item.
Also still advertised in the 'Top Recommendations' @ £4.99 too.

Interesting.

Worth a punt at that price I think :)

Worst case scenario if they don't honour the price is that you won't be charged.

Ian.

Nice spot! Worth a fiver tbh

:D

£8 for me, most of their titles are the wrong price when you find them, Resident Evil 3 says under £10 on chart, click it and its £12.

Crap site I guess.

i have just ordered for 4.99 and when i went back to look at other titles it went up to £7.49,it says its region 2 thats europe is`nt it?.

why does this happen to me every time? i just ordered it on ebay for £7.99 + £1.49 p&p cos i thought it was a good deal and i'd make my money back if i didn't like it and wanted to sell it on..

Thanks OP but it's an EIV BD which likely means it's rubbish. Not only is it Region B it's an EIV disc which likely means:

1. 1080i - Not the usual 1080p
2. 50Hz - Not the usual 24Hz
3. Only DD5.1 or DTS - Probably just DD5.1 in this case

It's odd there is no Fox USA BD.

Good spot, but in my experience dvd.co.uk aren't very good at honouring mis-prices, which this obviously is.

I've taken a punt and ordered anyway. We may get lucky and there's no harm in trying :smashin:

Just had a dispatch email from them this morning with no mention of it being a misprice so its looking good! :thumbsup:

Yes, me also. Looking good!

Thanks OP but it's an EIV BD which likely means it's rubbish. Not only is it Region B it's an EIV disc which likely means:

1. 1080i - Not the usual 1080p
2. 50Hz - Not the usual 24Hz
3. Only DD5.1 or DTS - Probably just DD5.1 in this case

It's odd there is no Fox USA BD.

regardless that its only £7 odd quid the fact thats its 1080i just completely put me off.

Also:
dvd.co.uk have a good deal on TransformersThe Movie (1986) for £7.59 (in stock):

http://www.dvd.co.uk/DVD/Transformers-The-Movie-1986-Blu-Ray/MTDBD5334/product.htm?sr=sa

is it def only 1080i????

is it def only 1080i????

that is what has been reported on various forums (think there may be a thread here too). Picture quality is still meant to be ok (has been debate as per usual) but I'm not going to reward a company for giiving us a product that falls below my expected standard. Bizarely i have heard that the menu is atleast in 1080p but not sure if that is true.

Also got a mail today to say it's been dispatched.

£4.99 can't grumble really. If it;s 1080i you didn't have to buy the thing did you!.....

yep mine has been dispatched as well,its abit disapointing its not 1080p but you can not moan at £4.99 for a blu ray title,i also thought the film was pretty good as well when i watched it before.

The chances many people will be able to tell i from p is very, very unlikley anyway :thumbsup:

I don't know if this title is 1080i or not. I was just saying many other EIV BDs are.

The chances many people will be able to tell i from p is very, very unlikley anyway :thumbsup:
Correct. From the Destiny's Child Sony BD review from this site:
This will fill your screen with an impressive 1.78:1 ratio coded using the earlier MPEG-2 system and not with the now standard 1080p but with 1080i. Now as long as the de-interlacer somewhere in your playback chain is up to the task what you will get is a glorious presentation.
Source: http://avplay.avforums.com/index.php?showmediareview=9129

It would still put me off though. It's still shoddy work and still not what we should be getting!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom