Death Sentence BD - £4.99

wastedyuthe

Wow! This is a good sign of things to come. HERE is where you can pick up Death Sentence brand new for under a fiver. I wasn't too impressed with this particular film. Don't get me wrong, it was ok and a decent watch. But is it a film I would watch again and again? I'm not so sure.
What I am pleased about is that this is surely a good sign that BD prices are dropping to reasonable levels. Only a couple of weeks ago I picked up Close Encounters on BD for £11 from Asda. We just need more high street stores lowering their prices now.

[EDIT] Looks like they made a mistake. Just checked the site again, and they have changed the price to £7.95. Oh well- still a good price if you like the film. Perhaps they priced it as the SD DVD.

rEVILospud

Novice Member
Death Sentence is available for £4.99 on UK BD from dvd.co.uk

imnotrich

Good Spot - the DVD costs more from them!! :thumbsup:

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Good spot, but in my experience dvd.co.uk aren't very good at honouring mis-prices, which this obviously is.

I've taken a punt and ordered anyway. We may get lucky and there's no harm in trying :smashin:

rEVILospud

Novice Member
It is in the 'Top Selling' chart on the right at No.5 currently with a price of £11.49, but still says £4.99 when you go to the item.
Also still advertised in the 'Top Recommendations' @ £4.99 too.

Interesting.

Ian182

Worth a punt at that price I think :)

Worst case scenario if they don't honour the price is that you won't be charged.

Ian.

CossieSmit

Novice Member
Nice spot! Worth a fiver tbh

:D

romerojpg

Novice Member
£8 for me, most of their titles are the wrong price when you find them, Resident Evil 3 says under £10 on chart, click it and its £12.

Crap site I guess.

jayden28

Novice Member
i have just ordered for 4.99 and when i went back to look at other titles it went up to £7.49,it says its region 2 thats europe is`nt it?.

Marc

Distinguished Member
why does this happen to me every time? i just ordered it on ebay for £7.99 + £1.49 p&p cos i thought it was a good deal and i'd make my money back if i didn't like it and wanted to sell it on..

bradavon78

Novice Member
Thanks OP but it's an EIV BD which likely means it's rubbish. Not only is it Region B it's an EIV disc which likely means:

1. 1080i - Not the usual 1080p
2. 50Hz - Not the usual 24Hz
3. Only DD5.1 or DTS - Probably just DD5.1 in this case

It's odd there is no Fox USA BD.

Sheep4Europe

Novice Member
Good spot, but in my experience dvd.co.uk aren't very good at honouring mis-prices, which this obviously is.

I've taken a punt and ordered anyway. We may get lucky and there's no harm in trying :smashin:

Just had a dispatch email from them this morning with no mention of it being a misprice so its looking good! :thumbsup:

philbam

Novice Member
Yes, me also. Looking good!

me-uk

Novice Member
Thanks OP but it's an EIV BD which likely means it's rubbish. Not only is it Region B it's an EIV disc which likely means:

1. 1080i - Not the usual 1080p
2. 50Hz - Not the usual 24Hz
3. Only DD5.1 or DTS - Probably just DD5.1 in this case

It's odd there is no Fox USA BD.
regardless that its only £7 odd quid the fact thats its 1080i just completely put me off.

Also:
dvd.co.uk have a good deal on TransformersThe Movie (1986) for £7.59 (in stock):

http://www.dvd.co.uk/DVD/Transformers-The-Movie-1986-Blu-Ray/MTDBD5334/product.htm?sr=sa

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
is it def only 1080i????

me-uk

Novice Member
is it def only 1080i????
that is what has been reported on various forums (think there may be a thread here too). Picture quality is still meant to be ok (has been debate as per usual) but I'm not going to reward a company for giiving us a product that falls below my expected standard. Bizarely i have heard that the menu is atleast in 1080p but not sure if that is true.

CossieSmit

Novice Member
Also got a mail today to say it's been dispatched.

£4.99 can't grumble really. If it;s 1080i you didn't have to buy the thing did you!.....

jayden28

Novice Member
yep mine has been dispatched as well,its abit disapointing its not 1080p but you can not moan at £4.99 for a blu ray title,i also thought the film was pretty good as well when i watched it before.

bradavon78

Novice Member
I don't know if this title is 1080i or not. I was just saying many other EIV BDs are.

The chances many people will be able to tell i from p is very, very unlikley anyway :thumbsup:
Correct. From the Destiny's Child Sony BD review from this site:
This will fill your screen with an impressive 1.78:1 ratio coded using the earlier MPEG-2 system and not with the now standard 1080p but with 1080i. Now as long as the de-interlacer somewhere in your playback chain is up to the task what you will get is a glorious presentation.
Source: http://avplay.avforums.com/index.php?showmediareview=9129

It would still put me off though. It's still shoddy work and still not what we should be getting!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 23rd September 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Wharfedale introduces new Diamond 12 Series speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips TVs available in more Currys PC World stores
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sonus faber announces Il Cremonese ex3me special edition speakers
  • By Andy Bassett