Death of the Dentist

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
WE cannot believe you have let this rule your life either !! So, is everything ok now ? Not sure if you have been to the dentist yet or you are needing us to tell you to go, again !!

I can't get Auto to go to the dentist either, since the one that I found that he did not mind, did die in a car crash about 5 years ago :eek: and he has refused to go see any dentist since then. :rolleyes:

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
HOOORAY !! well done !! Was it that bad after all ?

Kebabhead

Novice Member
Russell_Piper said:
Nope I have been, two fillings done and dusted, the Piper is back to 100%
See it's not all that bad is it

I love the dentist could sit in the chair all day :D

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I didn't go to the dentist for 5 years and left it so long that a cavity developed in one of my teeth which went all the way down to the nerve. I then spent a week and a half in severe pain trying to get rid of the toothache by any method I could think of and consequently did not get any sleep during that time.
It was such a relief when I finally plucked up the courage to go, now I make sure I go every 6 months, and whilst still a bit nervous when I'm waiting to go into the treatment room I am slowly getting used to it again.
So well done mate, I know what you were going through !

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Mrs AutomanUK said:
HOOORAY !! well done !! Was it that bad after all ?
Nope, mouth feels a bit funny now, but I think I can safely say that that phobia is now dead and buried.

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
Russell_Piper said:
Nope, mouth feels a bit funny now, but I think I can safely say that that phobia is now dead and buried.
.... along with the dentist ?!! :rotfl:

DJT75

Distinguished Member
I don't mind dentists, I just can't be arsed to go & spend cash on something that isn't hurting. I also hate barbers in the same way but have to go every couple of months & it's only £6.50.

So the other-half has found a nice dentist she's been going to, my last one moved back to Australia a few years ago & so I haven't been since Nov 1999 & before that it was about 1992. Nov 1999 cost me about £100 all in including 2 fillings - i figure that's pretty good for 7 years instead of going every 6 months.

I am going today at 4pm for the 1st time in nearly another 7 years. What's the betting they find something that isn't there, it costs me the earth & my mouth all of a sudden pains me no end when i'm happily sitting here at work with no pain just a bit of plaque.

pave

Banned
Had really bad teeth a couple of years ago...eventually went to the dentist,lucky to get a N.H. dentist....

But...had to have my first treatment private,so ,of course he did everything that was needed...cost over £2,500...

Anyway,happy now,and i make sure i get them checked every 6 months..:)

GW43

Some years ago a friend of a friend was (and probably still is) a dentist. We were round his place one Boxing Day, and he was complaining that he'd been called out twice the day before (Xmas Day to those of you without a calendar handy!) and once that day to some guy who was complaining of tooth ache, but nothing wrong could be found.

Shortly after the phone rang - same guy.

"Right" said the dentist, "I'll not be long"

He was back within the hour. "I don't think he'll be troubling me again" he said, "I pulled the tooth out, and the one next to it for good measure. Nothing wrong with either of them, but it shut him up".

So, don't mess them about!

inzaman

I dont want to think about Dentists at the moment, had a wisdom tooth out on Monday and i still have a swollen cheek, can;t open my mouth much and am taking about eight pain killers a day :(

Kieron

My dentist has a plasma television above your head. You lie back and watch whatever channel you want while he pokes about in your mouth.

Dentists today are utter experts - I hated the dentist when I was a kid, too much pain. Now I rarely ever feel the needle, they are fantastic people.

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
My parents had a dentist once who had put up an aerial photo of the town above the chair. You were so busy looking for your house that it distracted you from what he was up to. Iwould be concerned a plasma TV might fall on my head though if one were above me

rio1981

I should really go, I haven't been in 7 or 8 years I think - what scares me is what I don't know (ie - they might feel fine but is a dentist going to look at them and go "do you know what son, it's going to cost you so much you might as well drop your strides and bend over because I'm going to :censored: you for every penny you have"!

I can't stand the thought of how much sorting things out might cost... :eek:

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
I go to my dentist and hygenist twice a year . Have to because the build up of plaque is:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .Does anyone floss regularly?

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
I have just been having the same conversation with my colleague and neither of us do.

I think I am going to start though.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I started flossing regularly after my first trip back to the dentist and it has worked wonders for me, i now only have to have the horrible scaling treatment every other visit there and haven't needed any fillings for ages now :)