Death of Superman Lives

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by maverick177uk, Jul 16, 2015.

1. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,534
    Fascinating movie on the failed Superman Lives film by Tim Burton. Personally I dont think it would have worked on screen they way it was invisigioned, Nic Cage would have been disastrous, it would have been interesting to see how they could pull it off but I think it would have bombed. 8/10
    If you have any interest in film making process not just superhero movies it's well worth a watch.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,675
    as equally dreadful and insane as Superman Lives comes across in that documentary, a part of me would still love to see it. Even if it gets more and more clear as the documentary goes on that it was going to be a really horrible film. And Jon Peters is a total loon, despite how likable he comes across in his interviews. What a nut job.
    Definitely a fascinating peek at how WB dodged a bullet by pulling the plug at the last minute

3. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,534
    It made me laugh how the ideas ended up in Wild Wild West, indeed Peters was off his rocker.

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,675
    In a way though, fair play to him, he kept trying to force that stuff into every film he was involved with until someone gave in and let him do it. But I don't think it turned out anywhere near as cool as he was convinced it would :laugh:

5. BrynTeg

BrynTeg
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,111
    Very very interesting and a must see imo, Peters is clean off, this goes to show how much cash they must waste over there in tinseltown when a project just gets thrown away, have to say Nic Cage did look quite cool in some of the pics as Superman